problem with sec ops/standoff

Chevieblazer

Spaceman
i'm having problems getting sec ops to work. it installed fine, but when i want to run the game, it chrashes to desktop. i'm running on XP. anything special i need to know(i've set the game on nT compatibility- that used to work for homeworld)

I don't think it makes a difference between the 2, but I usually use 95. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive the game was designed on the 95 platform, and not 98. While I don't think it makes a difference, that is why I pick 95, and I've never had an issue.

Can be a number of reasons... but first, do you run an ATI video card ? Some ATI card can't run the 32-but patch, so you have to set Standoff to 16-bits. Alternatively, you can try a replacement DLL that has been installed with Ep2.

Rename gl_0000x.ati to gl_0000x.dll (backup the original one first). This alternative DLL fixes 32-bits on some ATI setups, but not all... if it doesn't you'll have to run 16-bits.

So first thing you have to try 16-bits... it it's indeed because you have am ATI.

yes, i have a radoen 9800...its fast, but its not very reliable...especially with nvidia-favoring games(and apparently old ones)

Probably not just you :p. This is WC2, back then it didn't take all that much to penetrate shields.

Yeah - as any WC2 Jalkehi will show you, it only takes one particle cannon to give people trouble. :p

Also, WC1/WC2 ships had about half as much shield strength in proportion to the weapons used against them as in later games, so yo do have to be more careful not to get hit.

Back