Problem with Installing WC KS

Jumpstart

Rear Admiral
Hey All,

I am trying to Reinstall my very old WC Kilrathi Saga set. It's the old Win95 version (I think) and I was hoping to get it up and running.

I read the KS compatability guide stickied here but am running into a problem even before that....

When I attempt to put in the first CD to install it, I get a black screen that simply freezes. I then have to manually close down the app.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Anyone know of a fix?

I am running Windows XP SP2.

Thanks!

What errors are you getting? Have you tried setting the compatability modes for the installer as well as all the game executables?

Right click on the exe files and click properties, then click the compatability tab and then choose either win95 or 98 and see if you still have problems.

Had something like that under Vista. I had to change the compatability mode from 95 to 98/ME or it would crash every time when I went to install. Would crash is I didn't set compatability aswell. Isn't KS a win95 game though?

Yeah, don't hesitate to set compatibility modes on files on CDs. Windows will do it.

Had something like that under Vista. I had to change the compatability mode from 95 to 98/ME or it would crash every time when I went to install. Would crash is I didn't set compatability aswell. Isn't KS a win95 game though?

Yeah, but the two operating systems are very similar as far as this is concerned. They might as well be called Windows Compatibility Mode A and Windows Compatibility Mode B.

Back