Privateer

overmortal

Bearded Person
Hey. I'm new here, tho I've been a WC fan since I was twelve or so. Here's something you all may be interested in.

Back in highschool, we had to write stories and whatnot for certain assignments. Knowing that my teachers had never played Privateer, I used the intro sequence from RF as one of my stories. Later, I started writing more privateer stories, but started to develop my own 'universe' which resembled WC, but wasn't actually the WC univ.

In the years since then, myself and another author (and Privateer fan) have written a series of short stories about a privateer and his turret gunner, and the adventures they get into. As I said before, it's not the WC universe, but it's close, and we've tried to keep the rough-and-tumble feel of WC Privateer in the mix. The main differences are 1) no aliens, kilrathi or otherwise. 2) ship-to-ship weapons are primarily lasers of different qualities 3) no WC ships or characters.

You can read these stories at www.overmortal.com/literature.htm

Btw, for those of you who don't catch on right away, the Privateer's name is never revealed, and, so far, all of the stories narrated by 'Snake' come before the stories narrated by the privateer. So far. That will change soon.

We've tried to keep continuity with the stories, but keep in mind that things changed between Snake's Stories and the Privateer's Stories. They lost their shield generator, for instance. Also, they somehow lost their "missile launcher" and had to resort to using missile hardpoints. Enjoy, kids.

Nick Blitz

Back