Privateer Remake Credits

hellcatv

Swabbie
Banned
Since 1.0 is approaching and everyone is crazily searching for final fixes, etc...
we need to gather a full list of people who helped....
post to this thread if you want to be in the credits.

If we really don't think you deserve credit we'll put you in the testers section.

Format:

Name (or handle) / Contribution

for instance:

hellcatv/open source engine development
silverain/manual
John Doe/tester

Since you volunteered loaf, could you get a full list of those people you think should be on the credits but are not?

I don't think I volunteered as much as I simply pointed out a horrible problem. I do, however, have a list handy:

{Privateer}
Executive Producer - Chris Roberts
Producer - R. Scott Russo
Assosciate Producer - Erin Roberts
Lead Programmer - Ed Maurer
Programming - Charles Cafrelli, Reinaldo Castro, Arthur DBianca, Edwin Herrell, Alex Jen, Richard Dean Johnson, Jeff Wilson
Lead Designer - Joel Manners
Design - Tom Kassebaum, Anthony Nichols, Kevin Potter, Phil Wattenbarger
Original Design - Joel Manners, Chris Roberts
Artwork - Chris Douglas, Bob Frye, Beverly Garland, Danny Garrett, Craig Halverson, Jake Roders, Brian Smith
Screenplay - G.P. Austin
Music - Nenad Vugrinec
Percussion Arrangements - Laura Barrat
Sound Effects - Randy Buck, John Tipton
Sound Blaster Conversion - Nenad Vugrinec, Mark Schaefgen
Quality Assurance - Jerrold Harrington, Bill LaCoste, Starr Long, Dan Orzulak, Toby Shelton, Dee Starns, Perry Stokes, Todd Wachhaus
Document Writing - Antohny Nichols, Kirsten Vaughan
Document Editing - David Ladyman
Document Design - Al Carnley, Trey Hermann, Jennifer Davis
Package and Play Guide Cover Art - Chris Douglas
Package Design - Jennifer Davis
Special Thanks To - Whitney Ayres, Bill Baldwin, Paul Isaac, David Lawell, Jesse Mark, Aaron Martin, Suzanne Taylor, Alan Perez, Jeff Wand, Kirk Winterrowd, Jason Yenawine, John Miles, Kevin Potter, Zack Simpson

{Privateer: Rightous Fire}
Producer - Warren Spector
Project Leader, Programing - Arthur DiBianca
Game Concept - Phil Wattenbarger
Conversations - Arthur DiBianca, Phil Wattenbarger
Design - Phil Wattenbarger, Tom Kassebaum
Art - Alan Perez, Brian Smith, Melinda Bordelon
Music - Barry Leitch
Graphic Design - Trey Hermann
Quality Assurance Lead - Dan Orzulak
Quality Assurance - Charles Angel, Jerrold Harrington, Kevin Kushner
Documentation: Arthur DiBianca, Tuesday Frase, Melissa Tyler
Special Thanks To - Ed Maurer

(This includes the in-game and the published credits for both games. To the best of my knowledge, no formal credits were published for the Speech Pack or for the team which did the CD update. Whoever your contact with the original team is may be able to fill you in on those two. Depending on how much use you made of it, you may also want to credit the editors and writers responsible for the Privateer Playtesters' Guide... if I were developing an updated release of Privateer, it'd certainly be my #1 resource.)

Ok I posted them to the credits page on this website... putting the remake people after the privateer people to show respect :)

And here's me:
Roger "Zaarin" Holten - Various music stuff(ripping, recording and looping).
Should try to come up with a better job name though...

Peter S. "PeteyG" Griffin / 3D Model Wrangler and Emergency Maker of Textures (Tarsus, Galaxy, Centurion)

I guess I did some testing too.

It should probably be noted that I didn't actually do the modeling on the Cent/Gal/Tars, Brad Mick did. I just... wrestled around with them a bit.

Silverain said:
You really want me to put that in? :)

Honestly I think it would be funny to see that in the credits.
As for what else I have done,

Modeling
Cockpit stuff
Beta testing
Space provider
Tweaking and other minor fixes

The problem is I do not know what has been superseded at this point.

well we don't want potentially offensive terms like Bitch in the manual... especially if we were to have it printed professionally

That might make our few (one? two?) female player(s) uncomfortable.. :)

I have no problem with bad language...but making a publication is something I take seriously :) and unless it's necessary for the script/dialogue it's place is in forums and not in manuals

OK, I've trawlled the posts, and extracted the following remake credits to go with LOAF's original credits earlier posted. If I've missed you it wasn't intentional, just mention name and tasks done on this thread. If I've included a name that doesn't belong, please mention who and why. If you are mentioned, but not for all you've done, please post your other tasks. Any suggestions welcome.

{Privateer Remake}
Project Lead: “MamiyaOtaru”
Programming: John “JohnC” Cordell, Daniel “Hellcatv” Horn, John “JackS” Sampson, “Ace123”, “Scheherazade”
Artwork & 3D Modeling: John “JohnC” Cordell, Peter “PeteyG” Griffin, Matthew “MKruer” Kruer, “MamiyaOtaru”, “BradMick”, “Darkmage”, “Scheherazade”, “Fire Hawk”, “VonHelton”
Speech & Sound Ripping John “JohnC” Cordell, “Darkmage”, “Wendy”, “Sphynx”
Music Ripping Roger “Zaarin” Holten
Playtesting Peter “PeteyG” Griffin, Johnathan “Iceman16” Heyden, Daniel “Hellcatv” Horn, Joe “JKeefe” Keefe,Matthew “MKruer” Kruer, “Chemus”, “Crumb”, “Dumpshock”, “Floater”, “Ghost”, “hoovsbin”, “Hurleybird”, “ilricca”, “incubator”, “kilolima”, “KnightLight”, “LordUther”, “Moonsword”, “Mirage”, “powel99”, Ridgerunner”, “Rushifell”, ScAvenger001”, Sphynx, “tcat92” “TlRex”, “Wendy”, “zergnerd”
Documentation Joe “JKeefe” Keefe, Kim “Silverain” Scutts
SVN Source Support Matthew “MKruer” Kruer
Website Development John “JohnC” Cordell
Universe Map Matthew “MKruer” Kruer, Ben “Bandit LOAF” Lesnick
General Whining & Moaning Matthew “MKruer” Kruer (you did ask!)
With Thanks To: The Vega Strike engine development team; the CIC community

(ED: This list is incomplete, if you notice someone missing please contact me with the details.)

Universe Map Matthew “MKruer” Kruer, Ben “Bandit LOAF” Lesnick

The first person credited for the universe map should be John Guentzel. I just uglied up his original map.

(And I have no idea who that other person is -- but if there's been an updated version of the map, I'd certainly like to see it.)

LOAF, that's from the current credits site, and is the reason why I've asked for clarity on this thread.

P.S. You mentioned the Privateer Playtester's Guide. I don't have access to this, do you? If so, could you provide the names please?

Back