Privateer Remake 1.0 - Bugs

actually you could do this in the original game too...
but you can still go through the storyline and kill another drone as I recall?

I having a problem with random jumps that dammage my shield and armour in the Orion. IT also happens with a few others, but it is more rare.

strange duplication bug

This strange bug has occurred to me a few times by now: sometimes if I fail a mission and try it again, especially if there are some plot triggerers like the hostile pirates in Teyla's 4th mission, too many hostiles spawn. First time I try it something like 8 ships come and after 4 tries there are about a hundred. It's really annoying as I havent found a way to fix this, so the only way is to restart the game (ie. start a new game) :<

Dire Wolf said:
I'll be. I had landed a couple of times before without doing that.

BTW, any idea why the mouse jumps so?

I'm running an x8 AGP card (ATI 7000 with 64mb ram) on a 3.2ghz P4/2gig of ram system. That should let me run without all the options disabled and a mouse instead of joystick, shouldn't it?

I'd appreciate any ideas, thanks.

Replaced the ATI 7000 with an ATI 7800pro and now I can run all the video options+ and it is nicely smooth. I also switched the mouse to USB from the mouse port.

Sometimes the darn "fix" menu just doesn't want to come up. Arghh.

But, I'm enjoying this. If I could just remember my favorite system (all retros, all the time), I could get my faction scores in line and get ready to really rumble.

Thanks!

ata100 said:
This strange bug has occurred to me a few times by now: sometimes if I fail a mission and try it again, especially if there are some plot triggerers like the hostile pirates in Teyla's 4th mission, too many hostiles spawn. First time I try it something like 8 ships come and after 4 tries there are about a hundred. It's really annoying as I havent found a way to fix this, so the only way is to restart the game (ie. start a new game) :<
I believe that the reason is that the engine doesn't recalculate the universe when you respawn, so you get new enemies plus all those left from your previous life.

Back