Privateer in Windows ME

Eagle

Spaceman
Does anyone know if Privateer (and Armada) will work with Windows ME. Can you still use a bootdisk to get to real DOS? I don't want to upgrade if it means not playing DOS-only games ever again.

Damn. I can't even get Privateer to work in Win 98! 95, I could do it, but since I reformatted and lost all my Dos files, I can't play the game anymore. Any advice for me, too?

I don`t know exactly how, but if you tinker enough with ME, you can get real DOS too. In any case, if you have a Win98/5 boot disk, you can probably use it too.

Any old DOS / Win9x boot disk will work, but be aware that creating new boot disks will be incredibly difficult: Microsoft trashed the format /s command.

i tryied to create a boot disk from windows98 and from the game but it doesn´t find the mouse and the sound drivers. Any idea?

Lemme see... you can make a DOS bootdisk out from Privateer Install guide, but for the CD-ROM drivers... either you find the correct one or use the generic drivers (as in the WIN98 Startup disk), OR... you can copy the PRIV.TRE and RF.TRE to your harddisk and edit the PRIV.CFG and RF.CFG for the location of those files.

As for the mouse driver, it's only a small command file. Perhaps I can post it at my homepage.

For instance, try: http://www.geocities.com/vigilante_321/files/mouse.com

-RVN

Back