Privateer III

kyee

Spaceman
This could be a little premature, but according to GamingHaven.com, Privateer III could be out next January 2001.

Privateer III was canceld either in 1998, or 1999. Though if you mean POL that could be true.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I'd wonder how long that's been there.. *Although*.. January 2001 is rather distant to have been put up in 1998.. Was that just added today or something?

[This message has been edited by ChrisReid (edited January 20, 2000).]

We can dream, can't we?
smile.gif

If Priv 3 ever came out, SP, it would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
January 2001 would be a very good estimate... although I'm betting on December 2000 myself.

Kalkrath: Why not just fly in an ejection pod
smile.gif
?

>No guns, missiles, shields, or armor.<

You have just described the Dralthi.
wink.gif

I want to fly a Vaktoh, one of the coolest Kilrathi fighters.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 21, 2000).]

All I know is after flying that thing in WC1, I don't ever want to sit in the cocpit of that thing again.

------------------

Earthworm: Yes. Exactly. Although it was pretty good in Armada. Maybe it was so bad in WC 1 because we had Jazz on our wing?

The last of the three missions in the Dralthi was with Doomsday I belive. But the Dralthi is a pice of crap to begin with, it doesen't matter whose your wingman. Oh the memories, I've spent hundreds of hours trying to get through those three missions. Too bad we only saw a mission similar to that once in WC after WC1. (hard, but fun
smile.gif
)

------------------

I think that we could blame this one on the limitations of the WC game engine. What makes the Dralthi a good light fighter is its shape - you fire at it, and you miss because it's so darn flat. But in WC 1, collision checking wasn't quite good enough to give the player that advantage.
Which mission (after WC 1) would you be talking about?

WC4 of course, you have to fly the Dragon to Axius and back. It isn't as hard as the Dralthi missions, but it's still fun to sneak into the heart of your enemys operations.

------------------

The Axius mission, in my view, was way too easy. As long as you managed to catch up with the Dragon patrol before you jumped in, there was practically no fighting involved. The Dragon's cloak made things too simple. Of course, the cut scene made things a tad more exciting
smile.gif

I also consider the part wher you have to get back to the Intrepid a part of that mission (although they are two different missions) That part was prety hard. 4 Dragons against one is a bit unfair. Geting to Axius was too easy. I never lost that mission, there's you against two, and later two more Dragons so it's one of the rare ocasions in the game where you have the advantage. At the first navpoint I can take out the two Dragons with a single Mace, and at the second navpoint I fire all of my FF missiles at the two that are runing, they aren't ahead of you to much so caching up to them isn't hard.

Earthworm is signing off
smile.gif

In the going in part, I generally head straight for the jump point, thus cutting off the two fleeing Dragons.
And as for the going home part, there's no combat involved if you cloak. That's what I mean when I say that the Dragon makes things too easy.

? Of course there's fighting involved. You can cloak at the Axius starbase, but when you get to the jumpoint you have to fight the four Dragons waiting for you there. And than when you jump there are four more Dragons and a BL transport.

------------------

But they're surprisingly easy to kill for 8 ships of the same class as your own...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Oh, all right. So you've gotta kill four Dragons (you don't have to kill the freighter & co.). That's not much, since you've got surprise on your side. The first Dragon dies immediately as you decloak on his tail. Then you just get two more, and it's one on one. Anybody can handle one Dragon.

Back