Privateer Gemini Gold Illuminati...

Toymakerkarl

Spaceman
Any cheat codes for Gemini Gold? I would love to fly around making money without having my shebs shot off. Any luck out there?
Karl

Starting off with the Tarsus sucks...But I think it adds to the realism that in the beginning things are tough... just do some system patrols...the ones that pay 6000-8000 per job and mod your Tarsus to the teeth.. 2 Tachyons, good shields, afterburner, etc... then you'll be kickin some tail before ya know it....Make a name for yourself in the Troy system... Then once your all kicked off with goodies..Move on from there. Good luck !

Starting off with the Tarsus sucks...But I think it adds to the realism that in the beginning things are tough... just do some system patrols...the ones that pay 6000-8000 per job and mod your Tarsus to the teeth.. 2 Tachyons, good shields, afterburner, etc... then you'll be kickin some tail before ya know it....Make a name for yourself in the Troy system... Then once your all kicked off with goodies..Move on from there. Good luck !

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who likes the galaxy? It reminds me so much of the Milennium Falcon, has decent weaponry and defenses, and is not way too pricey. I think I use it more then anything else.

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who likes the galaxy? It reminds me so much of the Milennium Falcon, has decent weaponry and defenses, and is not way too pricey. I think I use it more then anything else.

[Original privateer]

You know, I like the galaxy more than the orion too...

I mostly pirate in that game, and the galaxy lets you prey on a lot of ships before the cargo hold fills up and you have to land and sell.

I also used tachyon guns over the plasma. It felt like they were easier to aim (faster flying), and generally did the most damage per energy consumption - letting me do more damage over time.
(Though that's only from the 'feeling' I had. Truth could be different.)

-scheherazade

No, you're not wrong on the efficiency of tachyon cannons. They do put out more damage per energy unit consumed. Unfortunately, I can't find my manual and the stats for both don't seem to be anywhere on the CIC, so I can't run the exact numbers without more digging around in Google than I care to do because a) I'm lazy, and b) it's freaking Christmas Eve and I just got off work. :p

Invulnerability Mode was suggested to be activated for certain times when needed. Is this available in Gemini Gold, and if so, how do I do so? Thanks.
Karl

X-mas fun!

I just installed Gemini Gold and spent my whole X-mas vaca playing it!

Anyway, the T cannon is the best weapon bar none in game. It can consume energy fast but is worth it -- especially if you're a bad shot.

The Tarsus is best with a laser cannon and a tachyon cannon. I then go on a bunch of cargo missions not too far from Troy and make friends with the pirates (for now). Then move on to the Centurion when I get enough credits. I love the Centurion since I can spin and fire at same time which takes bad guy down real fast. The gold version lets you put a level 4 engine on the Centurion and that gives you a level 3 shield so you can have spare energy [it even hints to that fact in book.] Put two tachs in the center and mass drivers on the outside and you can almost fire at will and kill to your heats content with this ship. You can make a ton of cash on just cargo missions. The gold version gives you option to update with fancy stuff, but it is real expensive (such as the gun coolers - the most expensive.) But once you get the updates...yea baby.

There is also a fusion cannon in the gold, but the tachyon still beats the pants off of it I found.

omg...how do you save?

Seriously...I can't for the life of me remember how to save my game on this! I played the original privateer forever, and this tiny ity bity little thing has escaped me. HELP!

In the classic game you'd open up the quine computer by pressing C on the base and press the save button there.

issue with game launch

Hello,

I can't get the game to launch. The error I get reads file may be damaged or incomplete. I'm running OS 10.3.9. Any ideas?

Back