Privateer: Ascii Sector v0.2 released!

I assume that you can load your game from 0.1 and continue it, minus the in-progress missions? I would hate to lose the half-million credits worth of ship and gear that I spent the last two weeks building up. ^_^

Chris,

First off...AWESOME! Great feel and atmosphere, I love it!

One question/critique/comment:

It's annoying to have a mission with a fixer which tells you to deliver *something* or *a message* to *someone* at a base. Yesterday I had a mission which required me to go find ONE DOT amongst 50 moving, similarly colored dots.

Is there any way to code it so that the person you're supposed to meet is in a predictable location, like the hotel lobby or bar?

This is a great game, I'm really enjoying it thusfar! :)!!!

Something that I would like to see in the next revision is the ability to view the navigation map while on a base. I would like to be able to see where the pickup/destinations of a mission are before accepting a mission.

I thought about maybe adding that for 0.2, but then I decided to just make a reference map for people to print out. You can download it at:

www.asciisector.net/extra.html

But maybe you're talking about something else? Like showing where in a system your mission takes place?

Well I meant more of being able to see a list of the names and types of bases in each system as well--for example something that would remind you that Pyridon (or however it's spelled) is a pleasure planet and not an agricultural one.

I'm not really sure where I'd add that in the game. It seems too much for the Quine4000 to display. I suppose I could have the 'm' key bring up a systems map when you're on a base, but I just don't like adding things like that to the game, without having them explained within the game world. Would a printable reference list of the systems and their bases (and types) be enough?

Back