Privateer and RF

RFBurns

Spaceman
Wow! Its amazing and a good feeling that I am not the only one who continues to play this game. I often find myself booting to dos to run thru both series, and still enjoying it to the fullest. Maybe this will be a good chance to ask a question. There was a floppy version of these games, and a cd version. I have the cd version. I was wondering if anyone ever made some sort of editor or ship modifier for the cd version of RF. I found previous editors for the floppy version worked fine for Privateer cd version, but have no affect for the cd version of RF. If anyone has info I would greatly appreciate it. Long live Privateer!!

RFBurns

Thanks for the suggestion. I copied both the tre files to the hd and modified the config file so the game would look for the tre files on the hd rather than the cd, game runs better. The editors recognized the tre files but stated there was added data. Indeed the tre files on the cd version are much larger than the floppy versions. The Privateer tre file is 83Mb and the RF tre file is 74Mb.!!!
It still didnt work, but I found a way to pump up the engines to level 7 and shield to level 5 for the Centurion. This evens out the game when you go after Jones in his beefed up Centurion with 6 Steltek type II guns. You dont get increased firepower, but a bit more energy to maintain gun fire while dodging asteroids. I noticed that the Kilrathi still have ships with the Steltek guns after you finish the game (random encounters and missions). Its a shame that they didnt have the game reward you with one since you go thru all the hassle of trying to find the one that got stolen, only to find out the pesky Retros tore it appart to copy it. Which brought up a question, when you meet up with that guy in Cappella, he states that they will destroy the copies and plans after you complete the mission, but those sneaky Kilrathi still have the gun on some of their ships! They must have done their own slicing and dicing to make their own copies! Im still trying to find that hollow asteroid with all the stored weapons! Thanks to Origin for all of the WC and Privateer games, and of course, the famous Mario Brito for his efforts to make these games more enjoyable! Mario, wherever you are, YOU DA MAN!!!

RFBurns
"Lookin sharp Ace"

Back