Privateer again

LarkInFlight

Rear Admiral
I've been replaying privater and rightous fire again.. and I have some questions.
First off.. Does someone remember how to activate the rear view on MFD? I've tried everything but nothing works and i remeber there was something like rear view mirror in MFD..

another question regards ships..

I really like the ORION, as a matter of fact I had a hard time deciding which ship to choose.. an ORION or a CENTURION I chose a Centurion because of its 4 guns, speed and agility.

Which one do you usually chose and why (I know it has been discussed before)

and another one..

I payed like 450000 credits for shields and engine upgrade to 7th lvl but i really feel no difference between lvl 7 (righteous fire) and lvl5 from original priv serie. Do you?

Centurion. Attack is the best defense. Sides I usually fly so crazy that noone hits me anyways.

Same here.
What I need is great firepower, great maneuverability and great speed. You know, I play Privateer Gemini Gold (which I consider the ultimate game remake even if it is still incomplete) and I really can't handle the Tarsus, Orion and Galaxy. That's why the Centurion is my favourite fighter in Privateer (Gemini Gold).

edit: Yes, I tried the original and CD versions of Privateer and Righteous Fire but I can't handle them somehow.

I agree that the Centurion has good firepower and speed.. but..

Your firepower is always limited by the energy you get.. it means that if you have 4 guns they will stop shooting faster than 2. The Orion with the steltek gun or the gun cooler and 2 tachyons is equaly good i'd say..

The Orion with its powerful shields makes less challenging fights very easy.. you just shoot whithout even afterburnig.. like fighting Talons. Of course there are some cases where the centurion's speed is an advantage.. like fighting Dralthis.. Overall I'd say that the Orion with full shields/armour etc is comparable to well upgraded Centurion.

What about the lvl 7 shields, do you feel any difference between them and lvl5?

Maybe RF enemies are just that much tougher?

Centurion 100% for me, I suppose because it's most like WC1/2 that I've played most of WCs.

If the Orion could just had mount two missile launchers it'd be a true contender though I'd still prefer the Centurion in the end. But for it's price tag, the Orion is great.

Back