Privateer 2

RFBurns

Spaceman
Found the game runs real good on a P233MMX system. Dont like the mumbo jumbo of booting to dos, but hey, the gameplay is worth it. Oh, the Kraven lasers are indeed powerfull, but load up the Turret B guns and boy, specially if you load up 5 of them puppies on the Freij MKII!! Those massive Kindred cap ships dont have a chance with 5 turret B guns blazzing on them! Forget Nukem bomb! How about an Icaruss with 5 guns instead of 4! How about flying the Jincilla Skull with 4 Kravens! Boy what a fun game! Playing around with this game is more fun than some of these newer games. Too bad P1 RF didnt give the Steltek gun back at the end of the whole mess! Am I the only one that still playes these old classics? I hope not! Long Live Privateer and WC.

RFBurns

edit the P2 shortcut and check "prevent MS DOS progs from detecting Windows" or something like that (I'm at an NT computer at the moment, can't b more specific). And 233 should handle P2 the same through windows

RE to RE

Actually I dont drink, and Im 36. Not quite a kid eh. If you use P2EDIT to edit the save games, you can load up any kind of gun, fly any ship or whatever! You didnt know this? :D

RFBurns

Yep, they do seem a bit awkward on a fighter, they shoot two beams each, so if you load up 5 of those, you get 10 beams of red destruction! They indeed are way too powerfull, two of them will take out those huge Kindred cap ships. But it was neat to see the effects. If you start out with the Straith, and use that editor and give yourself a ship with 5 gun mounts, then re-select a ship like the Icaruss, the game somehow slips that 5th gun slot onto the Icaruss, or any other ship with less than 5 gun slots, weird, but neat to see, it then also gives the other ships the added gun slot (innocents flying around). It also gives enemy ships added gun slots so it almost evens out the playing field when you beef up your ship. And with the added ship value, the game's difficulty level setting changes accordingly so youre not playing against dumb dumb AI enemies, they get beefed up too! Oh, I didnt find eMkay to be very nice, he is too pushy! And he cant fly worth a darn! He needs his routines re-written. Load up your ship with a beam weapon and drop its power to 0. That way you will have more energy for guns and engines! Helps with those darn experimental TIE's! Anyone for Melee? :)

RFBurns

P2Edit?? Where did you get it? I want!

>>Oh, I didnt find eMkay to be very nice, he is too pushy!
>>And he cant fly worth a darn! He needs his routines re-written.

??? Who?

>>Load up your ship with a beam weapon and drop its power to 0. That way you will have more energy for guns and engines! Helps with those darn experimental TIE's! Anyone for Melee?

Um, are you still talking about Privateer 2? Sounded like XvT or Xwing Alliance for a bit.

P2EDIT

Oh, ya I did kinda go off into x wing there for a bit. :) I think the P2Edit is still linked thru WCNEWS page. I dont know if it works with the Win95 version. Check the files area off the WCNEWS home page. I found it only a few months ago so chances are its still there. For those wondering, I finished the game about a month after I bought it, shortly after the Dos version was released. I had to use that Buffalo Wings patch. Nice name for a patch! :)

Long live WC!

RFBurns

"Look behind you.....watch your six!.....BOOM!"

Back