Privateer 2 VID sequence

Rayvyn

Spaceman
I found the zip pack of 24 in-game cinematics on the site Wing Commander Planet (not sure of the exact web addy).

The only thing is, it doesn't list them in any numeric order, so I don't know what order they occurred in the game.

Obviously, they didn't occur one right after the other, but since I've never played the game, I would like to see if I can't glean some sort of understanding about the story of it from the cinematic sequences.

Also, I've watched one and...THAT'S FRICKIN' CLIVE OWEN!!

Which, in a very roundabout way, brings me to this question: In what order did the Wing Commander games come out? I'm sure this has been answered before, and if someone wants to just give me a link to that answer, that's fine, or if they wanna list it here, that's fine as well. I'm sure I'll have more questions to follow.

I found the zip pack of 24 in-game cinematics on the site Wing Commander Planet (not sure of the exact web addy).

The only thing is, it doesn't list them in any numeric order, so I don't know what order they occurred in the game.

Obviously, they didn't occur one right after the other, but since I've never played the game, I would like to see if I can't glean some sort of understanding about the story of it from the cinematic sequences.

Also, I've watched one and...THAT'S FRICKIN' CLIVE OWEN!!

Which, in a very roundabout way, brings me to this question: In what order did the Wing Commander games come out? I'm sure this has been answered before, and if someone wants to just give me a link to that answer, that's fine, or if they wanna list it here, that's fine as well. I'm sure I'll have more questions to follow.

Those were originally here in the CIC's files section. I don't remember the order they're supposed to be in, but you'll notice that each video has more that one segment in it. And not all of them will be in a particular order when you play the game either. However, the intro as well as possibly other sequences are missing from the set. Though in game they are a lower resolution in the game.

P2 came out a little bit after WC4.

Howdy!

You can find the Privateer 2 cinematics in order here: https://www.wcnews.com/holovids/cinematics_privateer2.shtml

You already have the bundle, but you can put them in order from the filenames and screenshots listed with the individual movies.

That is, indeed, Clive Owen -- he was the star of Privateer 2, well before he was a big name.

The Wing Commander games came out in this order, with various ports of each game coming later (ie, technically the last game released is the PSP port of the original... but that would just confuse everything):

Wing Commander (1990)
Wing Commander 2 (1991)
Academy (1993)
Privateer (1993)
Armada (1994)
Wing Commander 3 (1994)
Super Wing Commander (1995)
Wing Commander 4 (1996)
Privateer 2 (1996)
Wing Commander Prophecy (1997)
Wing Commander Secret Ops (1998)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again, gang.

This is straight-up the best forum I've found for anything. No biting remarks back and forth. No flaming people for asking questions that have already been asked or on forums where they don't belong.

I guess Wing Commander has inspired us all to have the utmost respect for our commarades in arms.

Oh, we're not perfect -- we get into just as many awful arguments as other people.

I do completely agree with you about how a lot of places look down on familiar questions or doing things like bringing back old topics... answering questions and discussing Wing Commander is what we're here for, we're lucky that there are people asking about this stuff (and *especially* when we know the answers:))!

Back