Privateer 2-The Darkening

Well, I guess there isn't a really good explanation for that... and I'm not sure the "fun vs. realism" excuse applies here, either, considering that leading targets isn't that fun, and in most games, isn't that much of a challenge either...

That's one of the things I like about Frontier (Elite 2)... lasers travel at the speed of light, and you can buy beam lasers for constant streaming damage! :cool:

--Eder

I'm sorry, but the idea of leading targets with lasers just seems ridiculous to me. Star Wars games had an excuse; the "lasers" in it were actually accelerated Tibanna gas particles, which did not fire at the speed of light.

A lot! It was basically the Gran Turismo of space-sims, lotsa vehicles to play with!:D

I love that game, too! But I can handle P2 not having those kinda graphics because it was before GT's time.

No, it's not, Motor City is. GT, in any form, pales in comparison.

As for the ships, I believe there are 18 in P2, but I don't know for sure.

GT 1 and 2 were somewhat... lacking... in terms of graphics. GT3, however... is a work of art.

Haven't seen that one yet... To be honest I never play consoles anymore. (I usually wait for it to hit the PC)

usually IMO, when a game is taken from a console and put to the PC, it never seems as good :(

Good point there WW.
Final Fantasy 7&8, as well as Metal Gear Solid are exceptions though... But they're so good you couldn't possibly screw up a port of it!

Originally posted by pendell

Hmm .. what made you dislike that Mass Ion? It's a preference thing, obviously, but I'm still curious ..
(...)
Respectfully,
Brian P.

Damn short range and virtually no damage and quite costly (even though you can spare a cooling unit). Oh, and a stupid sound when fired. :)

Originally posted by Mav23
shouldn't lasers, when fired, hit the target at the speed of light? I don't know where that came from, just thought about it :)

In the Priv2 manual there is explained that those "lasers" aren't real lasers but electronmagnetic sth blabla, IIRC. Thus, no need for them to travel at the speed of light, similiar to the Star Wars explanation.

Back