Privateer 2 The Darkening

Yeah, If it's the dos version you should be able to use dosbox for it

Yeah, If it's the dos version you should be able to use dosbox for it

I've been looking to pick it up myself, though for some reason, Dosbox doesn't work well on my CPU. Was there a Win 95 version? I dunno why, but those seem to work better on my particular system.

Yes, IIRC the Deluxe edition is the Win95 edition, but don't quote me on that. I'm pretty sure that's the version I have, but haven't looked at it in a long time so not sure.

Yes, IIRC the Deluxe edition is the Win95 edition, but don't quote me on that. I'm pretty sure that's the version I have, but haven't looked at it in a long time so not sure.

In te files section of WCNews there was a way to make a windows version of Priv 2.

https://www.wcnews.com/files.shtml#wcpriv2 dos to windows patch v2.

It was not hard and worked great for me. All though I have never finished Priv 2 in all the years I have owned it... (just can't get into it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure which version it is yet:eek: is dosbox easy to use as i havr no idea how to use dos as back then i had an Amiga and didnt get a pc till windows 98!

the Tech Support that AD posted the link to is great, I've gotten WC1, WC2, priv, WC3, pretty much the entire series working by following the instructions there. And the instructions are easy to follow, so there shouldnt be a problem getting games to run (especially with DOSBox 0.72, it automatically changes the cycles to keep the game running smoothly, which I like)

for the versions of Priv2, the Deluxe Edition is definately the win95 one, thats what I have but I cant play cuz I dont have a joystick anymore :(, wish there was a way to get the keyboard to work, but thatd probably take a lot of hacking and whatnot so probably not worth it.

Thanks for the help guys when it get here ill let you know how i get on I cant wait as I never played it before!

Congratulations. Playing a new Wing Commander game for the first time is a great experience. Privateer 2 is a cool and quirky game in the series, and it is some fans' favorite WC game.

Congratulations. Playing a new Wing Commander game for the first time is a great experience. Privateer 2 is a cool and quirky game in the series, and it is some fans' favorite WC game.

I'm still itching to play that and Armada... then my life would be complete. :p

~~~ if only... you know your poor when $10 is a lot to kiss goodbye :p

Don't feel bad, there's an economy of scale as you get older -- Chris and I easily forget that ten years ago getting enough money to buy a $10 video game meant going around and cleaning neighbor's nuclear reactors for a week...

Back