Privateer 2 patch in the files section

well thank you for that helpful answer and not giving a smart ass response that wastes my time.

Oh wait...

Privateer 2 Patch Readme
-----------------------------------------------------------
This release fixes the following issues:

1. Some users occasionally encountered a bug which gave the commodity "Fluffy Rodents" rabies. This resulted in the cargo being confiscated by customs upon landing. A vaccine for this issue can now be obtained from Crius medical center.
2. Due to complaints from various censorship groups, the naked hologram scene has been altered to include clothes. The original scene can still be triggered when starting the game using "dark.exe -getyourtitsout"
3. It has been mentioned to us that the numerous European accents in the game are not easily understood by Americans. In response to this, we have decided to make the game a bit more challenging by removing subtitles.
4. The words "Buffalo Wings" have been added to the Privateer 2 start up screen. Because we can.
5. The AI now uses an advanced human emulation system which reproduces the flying skills of one of our playtesters. Unfortunately, we've just found out that the playtester used was blind, had only one arm, and was constantly drunk. As a result, the computer controlled pilots still can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Please note this patch only affects the DOS release of Privateer 2. Since we apparently screwed up the Windows version by making it run too fast on pretty much all computers. And we don't know how to fix it.

Please address any comments about how much this patch sucks to EA. It's their own damned fault for thinking they can pay European developers less than American developers. Screw 'em, we're going on strike so don't expect any more patches from us.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Wow, this sounds like an amazing patch! I gotta get it!

if only my cd rom would be detected in dos :( *cuss's at 2nd HD*

Try the bios setup or buy another grey cable to connect one as master and the other as slave so you can have 4 hd and cdrom.

See if your gonna post to this thread without ansering the question, then it better be damn well creative like Cpl Hades' funny message!

Ahh i remember the P2 patch . Basically it made the game work on my computer , for some reason the game would crash everytime i tried to land on Hades ( i think it was Hades ) . It fixed hardware conflicts and other small bugs , oh it also added invunrabiliy to the option screen.

I was hoping it would allow it to be played in Windows like the WC4 patch does but alas, i dont think it will.

No, it does not. Privateer 2: Deluxe was a bit of a rewrite and the original P2 wasn't as easily patchable as WC4 was.

TC

I ran the original P2 and the patched version in a DOS box in Win95 (or maybe 98)... I just told Windows not to allow the program to detect it.

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
Privateer 2 Patch Readme...
<Laughing head off...>
I don't have P2, so when I read it, I thought it was a serious post! The first couple of points look okay to a non-P2 player, IMHO.

Back