Privateer 2 HELP NEEDED

Melkor

Spaceman
Hello, recently, i have decided to play privateer 2 again, seeing that i did not finish it the first time (dont ask), and so after much fiddling around with Windows ME, i got to the dos prompt, with a mouse and cd rom driver, and started the install. This is where i am now stuck. When i go to chose a sound card, i choose a soundblaster or 100% compatible (i have a SBLive Value), then chose 220 as port, then 7 as the IRQ. The program happily accecpts this, but when i try to choose an 8-Bit DMA channel (the choices are 0, 1 or 3, and mine is meant to be 1), it comes up with a screen saying detect failed. After trying many different combinations, i am now stuck. Can someone please help me?
(i hope this problem hasnt already been dealt with in this forum, but if it has i would then be much obliged if i could be directed to the relevant thread).

well problem is solved, it was the drivers for my soundcard, or lack thereof, becasue for some strange reason th edos drivers hadnt been installed on my SBlive, so now it works perfectly. thanks alot for the help though.

There are DOS drivers for SBLive. You just can't download them from CL. Why, I don't know. They are on the installation CD. Also, you can download the P2 DOS patch for win95 at http://www.wcnews.com. This will let you play P2 in windows.

[Edited by Johnl12 on 05-20-2001 at 14:43]

I think there are no _separate_ DOS drivers. They shoudl be part of LiveWare3 AFAIK. Don't have a live, so I am only telling from memory. I rather trust true ISA (AWE 32) then any emulation. Hope it lives forever

Originally posted by cff
I think there are no _separate_ DOS drivers. They shoudl be part of LiveWare3 AFAIK. Don't have a live, so I am only telling from memory. I rather trust true ISA (AWE 32) then any emulation. Hope it lives forever

Sorry cff, you are very wrong about the DOS Drivers for SBLive. I know this from experence. I've own two SBLive cards. I am currently using my SBLive P in DOS of P1. There are separate DOS drivers for SBLive and they are on the installation CD. For some reason you just can't download them from CL. Also, to get SB16 Emulation in windows for the SBLive card you need to install these drivers.

[Edited by Johnl12 on 05-25-2001 at 12:56]

Back