Privateer 2 e-mail problem

Iceblade

Admiral
When the P2 e-mail pops up, my mouse-on the screen-doesn't work or move at all. This wouldn't be so bad because only I have to do is hit esc a bunch a times, click the mouse a bunch of times, and move the mouse around causing the e-mail to exit. Unforuntatly, this doesn't work in the case of a yes or no e-mail and right now I am stuck on disc 2. I have also downloaded the patchs for P2 and the mouse patches. (This doesn't help.)

:mad: If only you could use the keyboard to move and click the mouse on the screen like they did in WC3. I am surprised this problem didn't come up sooner, so Origin could of mad a patch for this interface error. :mad:

Thats weird. I dont think Ive heard anyone having this problem before. Have you tryed coping your save files to somewhere else and completely uninstalling/reinstalling the game?

A logitech, 2-button, wheel mouse that uses a laser pointer instead of a track ball. My mouse works fine on the planet, but is sluggish in the pad.

I would don't it. Privateer2 has had a lot of interface problems 1st with the joystick on all of my brother's old machines and the only reason why Priv2 even works is because of VDMSound. Plus, there problem has arisen in this forum before. Type in P2 run on XP in the search. You can also check other thread with a search in the tech support forum uses the word mouse.

So that you understand the true wierdness of this problem, the mouse works fine when I'm selecting a destination planetside like exit to transit inside the customs area of any given planet, works sluggishly when looking at the in-game planetside PAD, and doesn't work at all in flight. The only way I'm able to get around this problem at all is to hit escape and click the left mouse button a bunch of times but that doesn't work when you have to give a yes or no to incoming e-mail in midflight. Here the mouse doesn't respond at all which means I can't do any of the bullitin board missions or respond the mayday from Sera Banks you get on CD2. I'd love to play this game even in spite of its many control related problems. Can you offer any assistance?

hey, welcome in the club: I have logitech mouse and have exactly the same problem. But... you just have to move the mouse in one direction several times. I know, it is annoying, but it is the best advice I can give you

I have a worser problem than what you have. It takes like a thousand of those pushes in one direction and it is impossible to get it to the yes. So, this solution sucks.

hey, my pc has a few good things too... 1GB ram, radeon 9700 pro and 2,67 P4..

But now to business: I recommend you to install a second OS: either ME or 98. This should solve your problems...

Have you also tried compatibility modus?

I wasn't saying you had a bad machine, I was just describing what I have. I was just saying that my machine has a lot of good stuff so there shouldn't be a problem with some of the requires.

that's exactly my point: P2 isn't suposed to run on such a monster PC... the onlly thing that will help is a DOS environment (like in Win98) or a dos emulator

Iceblade said:
What, nobody has any other ideas?

Ummm..gah well I dont mean to sound like im repeating myself but sense both you and Tolwyn have this problem, did you ever try just replacing the mouse with a completely diffrent type when your playing Privateer 2?

Back