Privateer 2 documents

Oggy

Rear Admiral
Hello Chaps,

With the site being on a bit of a Privateer 2 kick, I went hunting for my copy. Shock horror, one of the CDs is missing, but I uncovered the following document that was included in the UK release.

I have uploaded this for the archives.

I also found a copy of the EA CD-ROM catalogue from 94-95, theres is some interesting titles in there, I will scan this in and post into off-topic when I get a minute.

Attachments

• privateer.pdf
    206.7 KB · Views: 357
it's sitting on my desk right next to me.
I will try and get it scanned in before the end of the week.

From the front page, I hadn't appreciated thst this was included to overcome a bug rather than returning and re-pressing the game discs.

Yeah, I had to think for a minute. Someone else that was around in 1996 might have a few more details. Priv 2 was developed in the UK, and so we weren't surprised they got it first, and then there was yet another delay in the US that pushed it out almost right to the very end of 1996. Not only did we get a fixed version in the US, we also got a useful printed nav map that Europe didn't get! https://cdn.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/p2schematicmap2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Very clever! I wonder what the brainstorming session was like.

Back then publishers cared about units shipping out that worked... I heard horror stories in the mid 2000's about games shipping that needed to be patched immediately. I don't know if those were anecdotal or not, but Origin certainly always made me feel warm and fuzzy with their documentation.

There was a lot of behind-the-screens drama on Privateer 2. We're working on getting a copy of some of Origin's internal support documentation (and hopefully the post-mortem) which should be fascinating reading!

Back