PRIVATEER 2 deluxe version

That's neat, I'll try it out. I spent a bundle ordering the deluxe editon, sealed with all the trimmings, only to find out I couldn't play the game and having to order the DOS version. This'll be a good chance to see what differences if any have been made (the DOS version has a couple of bugs, like the CCN entries for the Kindred, CIS and Avuncular Order of Hom not showing up).

The aforementioned solution didn't work for me at all, but I managed to get the game running in W7 in a much more mundane way: install, click, and run. Yes, it was really that simple. There's still the problem of game speed, though, which is not solved by applying that ancient speed patch.

The aforementioned solution didn't work for me at all, but I managed to get the game running in W7 in a much more mundane way: install, click, and run. Yes, it was really that simple. There's still the problem of game speed, though, which is not solved by applying that ancient speed patch.

At least you were able to get in. I had the "crash-when-click-to-launch-from-Hermes" problem.

Back