Privateer 2 Deluxe Sound Proplems

The Punisher

Spaceman
Well I finally got Privateer working. I am using CPU Killer to slow my system down cause I have 733. It works "alright" so if anyone knows of any other programs that work better when running privateer 2 out of win98 please let me know.
Anways Privateer is running "ok" it seems slower than it should be but....I run cpuKiller at 7% sometimes 6%.
Sorry getting off the subject. Everytime I play P2 for around 15-20 Minutes and I land on a planet or something my sound starts to get scratching and halty. The game could be doing it to a little, but i notice the sound more. IT's not as bad as some of the other posts have said ( I read through Most of them) but I can't figure it out and won't go away until I restart my system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way if your going to tell me to post my auto.exe files our whatever (even though I don't know if any of that matters since I am not running the game out of dos, but windows, cause I've got P2 Deluxe)you will have to tell me where to find and that so i can cut and paste it. Alright talk to you later

THE PUNISHER!

Hmm, that sounds familiar, kinda. I think I had the same problem with P2 Deluxe. Or at least a similar one. Now, I can't remember if I ever came up with a proper solution, but saving, exiting, and running the game again seems to work, IIRC.

Sorry to intrude with an off topic, but I have to say Frank Castle rocks!

------------------
Do not go silently into the goodnight...

[This message has been edited by Soma (edited November 01, 2000).]

HA! Agreed!

By far the best vigilante ever. The new cover art their doing for him is great too.

Oh yea sorry for off topic stuff. Don't get mad.

"THE GUILY MUST BE PUNISHED!"

THE PUNISHER!

Configuration files won't be necessary if you're running in Windows.

The only thing I can think of right now is that it could be a problem with DirectX. Try fiddling with the Sound Acceleration level in DXDiag.

Back