Privateer 2: Can you use cheats to complete missions?

Ansark

Spaceman
Hi.

Continuing with my marathon of Wing Commander games, I just completed WIng Commander Privateer (plus expansion). And let's say that the experience was quite unpleasant. So now, I'm pondering wether I'm going to try Privateer 2 at all.

So, one thing I didn't like about Privateer 1 was that you couldn't complete any mission if you used any of the official cheats like invincivility or ulimited ammo. It's not like I ever needed those (not in Privateer nor in the main WC's), but it gives me peace of mind knowing those options are there (or difficulty settings). Don't know why, my mind just works that way. Plus, it offers an oportunity to rush through frustrating sections, if there is any.

So, now I would want to know wether the cheat system of Privateer 2 has the same limitations of Privateer 1 or not. If missions can be completed using the invicivilty cheat or not.

Personally I'm quite curious about Privateer 2, because, as far as I know, it's the only Wing Commander game with a full castillian dub. So it would be a shame to pass on it.

Priv2 cheats don't have any limitations. You can complete the entire game with them enabled.

Sometimes you actually need them, like unlimited nukes. Especially in the beginning when you have so few credits and have to do cargo runs without any weapons. If you have bad luck, lots of pirates can jump in and you have no way to defeat them, except you want to load your savegame on the last planet and do the cargo run again.

Back