Privateer 1 - edit number of missles

CCRider

Spaceman
Missle Rampage

I've done a search but have not seen anything about this. I want to edit the number of missles that a launcher will hold. The only work-around that I've found is to use GameWiz 32 [DOS version] and edit or freeze memory after launching.

Anyone have an idea where this is stored in the program files?

A similar issue for me is how to increase cargo space a bit more - become a mega-trader.

Thanks.

CCRider

You will have to dive into the .tre file in order to edit those specific entries. The missile launchers are not specific to certian ships. A missile launcher with IR missiles holds the same amount as it would FF or dumbfire missiles.

As for cargo space, that too is defined in the individual ship's configuration files located within the .tre file. I suggest you head on over to Mario "HC1" Brito's web site and check out his work on the tre file formats. There should be linked at the WC CIC's file section, a tre file editor/viewer. If all that is too much, use a simple HEX editor and open up that tre file (that is if you can figure out the internal structure and where these specific entries are that you want to alter).

Check out the links section for the mentioned sites.

Back