Priv2 in Win2k?

Wolf Dog

Spaceman
Anyone been able to get Priv2 to work under Win2k? When I try to install I get an error message stating I don't have a VESA compatible BIOS.

Was the deluxe edition a fully Win95 version? I see the systems requirements listed as Win95 quite a few places, which confused me because I had thought P2 was always DOS only. Thats why I started messing with it although I thought it would be hopeless. Hopefully XP will a have good DOS emulation mode.

The P2:Deluxe that you'd have is indeed the W95 version. (Though there was a P2:Deluxe that was the DOS version it was only available through an odd set of circumstances and I only know of two people that have it.)

TC

(Wow... before I edited this to disable smilies it changed the :D in P2:Deluxe into a smilie... :(

[Edited by TC on 06-25-2001 at 01:23]

I being doing some research on the VESA error. It seem to be related to either your graphic card or monitor drivers. What graphic card and monitor do you have? Do you have the correct win2000 vendor drivers for each?
See this site. There some info about P2 and the Vesa error.
http://www.intergraph.com/itservices/iarticles/50970200.pdf
Here a quote.
4.5. Some DirectX applications do not run when the Monitor type is set to Plug and Play (VESA DDC).
Correct this by changing the monitor type to one of the Super VGA monitors under Standard monitors.

[Edited by Johnl12 on 06-25-2001 at 01:12]

Back