Priv with myjemm

Hooyah

Spaceman
When i try to start the game in ms dos promt with windows me, i get this : Error code 2
By ross ridge public domain.

What will i need to do to make this game work with the myjemm application. Thanks for your help

Only Ross Ridge would have any idea what Error Code 2 stands for. :) If we're going to have any hope of troubleshooting, we'll need more information on your system specs. Additionally, you need to make sure you're already trying to disable all sorts of side programs and background applications that might be running.

i get error 2 on my athlon system, but it works on my old k6233

assume its processor related as it gives the error b4 any latest drivers are installed.

anyone goe myjemm working on a recent cpu ?

I was having this for a little while.

Opening up my config.sys, I changed my EMM386 from NOEMS to RAM. And then rebooted. And presto, it worked.

Ah, so it still requires EMS to work. I think EMS is not supposed to be all that good in Windows, so I'll stick with playing Priv in DOS, since I have that working fine.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Ah, so it still requires EMS to work. I think EMS is not supposed to be all that good in Windows, so I'll stick with playing Priv in DOS, since I have that working fine.

I do not load any EMM and it works for me. Maybe only EMM with NOEMS interferes?

Well, yes, I use EMM with the NOEMS option for a Windows boot, and the RAM option in a DOS boot. I used to use the RAM option in Windows as well, but as I said elsewhere, I heard it's not a good idea to have EMS in a Windows environment.

Back