prisoners, capships, and fighters should be saved

(The #WingNut New England joke is that New England consists of three and only three completely unrelated locations - it comes from some weirdo ranting about how New England only includes part of Connecticut and Rhode Island or somesuch a few weeks back. So you'd say something like "New England?! George Washington never went to Tuscon, Arizona!")

Joshua, where do you come up with these crazy idea? Have you know concept of reality? You ideas only work in a perfect universe. I hate to break it to you, but our universe isn't perfect, and never will be.

It just seems his parents locked him up in a small dark room since birth and his only toy was a piece of wood that he called 'Star Adventure 4010'. And now he made first contact with other humans.

Lynx said:
It just seems his parents locked him up in a small dark room since birth and his only toy was a piece of wood that he called 'Star Adventure 4010'. And now he made first contact with other humans.
Correction: Faux-wood vinyl siding.

I wanna see a new WC game in which the player has to keep track of missiles & fuel. I think super polymers would be fun against capship turrets. It would be funny if the capship couldn't train its turrets onto objects to fire at them. Kilrathi captain says "All turrets, train on Confed transport". Kilrathi gunner says, "Captain we can't. Super polymers won't let them." :D Also, in this new game, I'd like for graphics to be sacrificed as much as possible in exchange for more fighters and more ships. Blast Radius for the Sony PlayStation has many fighters and many capships -- that's what I wanna see in this new game. I want the challenge of being able to fly through a formation of Kilrathi capships. Also, I think that the turning speed of capships should be slowed down. The speeds and powers of their guns could be increased, though.

MWaahahahahahahaha....
Best thread ever.
the best part is when Polymer Joshua says something like "We all agree that etc. should be saved".
he is really in an universe apart....

I remember a really old space sim called Exodus and the first mission at least had a lot of capships you could fly around while killing enemy fighters.

Joshua, another good thing captured fighters/captured capships are good for is surprise attacks against opposing forces - the opposing forces don't suspect one of their own will attack them so they don't fire on them. You can take a captured capship/fighter and move it right next to an opposing unit and then open fire. Another thing to do is to move the captured fighters captured capships in front of Confed fighters & Confed ships to make it look like they're being chased. Then when Kilrathi reinforcements come to help out to attack the pursuing Confed units, ambush the Kilrathi units with the captured units. Also, the more units you capture, the more the Kilrathi (or whoever is opposing you) has to keep track of. This can confuse them more. What I'd like to do is when the shields on a Kilrathi capship are down is to use a paintgun to spray paint over the hull some grafitti like "Kilrathi are stupid" just to tick off Kilrathi. I think that would be a new addition to Wing Commander -- the paint gun -- that could be used to anger Kilrathi to divert them away from objects the player has to save like transports, starbases, capships, Confed fighters, etc. The paintgun could also be used to blind the pilot by painting over its canopy. What's nifty about the paintgun is that the paint to weight ratio is very high -- you could spray lots and lots of paint before you'd run out. Most likely, the Kilrathi would fly back to its capship after it gets blinded to have tech people scrub the paint off. That would take much time because paint is hard to scrub off, scraping it off would scratch the windshield of the canopy so it would have to be scrubbed off. This could be interesting -- just knock down the nose shields on a fighter, hit the nose with some paint to blind the Kilrathi pilot, Kilrathi pilot then uses computer to plot a course back to his capship and you can follow the fighter to find the capship to destroy it or capture it (your choice).
Also, since capturing a ship takes more courage and more skill than simply destroying it, there could be medals given out to player characters who capture capships & fighters -- they would be worth more than the ones for destroying fighters. That's what I liked about WC1 was being given medals.

Wow. Just simply...wow. That post was just...wow. I cannot believe what I just read. So many feelings...mostly though it was me hitting my head in disbelief. But that's still a feeling.

RyanCole said:
I think that would be a new addition to Wing Commander -- the paint gun -- The paintgun could also be used to blind the pilot by painting over its canopy.

OK you use your Paintball gun, I'll just shoot the sh*t out of you untill you are in tiny little pieces. Your faster on the trigger? Well I'll just make sure i don't do any head on runs at you. While you are trying to blind me I'll be killing you then painting your kill on my fighter. :D

Erkle, it's most likely your fighter's energy weapons would stop firing for awhile to recharge and while they're recharging, I would have blinded your fighter. So you wouldn't get to score your kill.

Must be some super-duper quality superpolymer paint, since it must block off the sensors and targeting systems.

Back