Prime-time TV

Wulf

Vice Admiral
It is too bad there isn't going to be a WC movie sequel, but then to be completely satisfied, there would always have to be a sequel! WC would have made an excellent prime-time TV series, guaranteed. I know the failure of Space: Above and Beyond could be argued, but the show wasn't set at the right pace (kinda slow, if ya ask me), and it was too third-person omniscient. The problem, I think, was that all of that combined made you feel out of place...instead of the other way around (I felt strangely at home on the carriers while playing WC!).

also...

If there was to be a series, they should try to veer away from the submarine warfare tactics used in the movie (even though I enjoyed it, it was too different for a lot of people).

I agree. Stick close to the material, by which I mean the games up till WCIV. Personaly I think the WC2 story line including so1 and so2 would make very good episodic material each segment could consist one season, maybe strech the core game into two. That way you can watch the whole campaign, including many battles plus you could still have the indepth characterization so lacking from the movie. (Personal opinion note on the movie: Effects: good; Plot: simple; Scripting and dialogue: very lame, Overall verdict: Simple minded fun waste of 100 minutes)

-AD.:)

I liked it too, I think it hit the mark in most aspects, expect for the pace which I think was too slow, like Wulf already said.

--Eder

S:AAB was a good show! But there are reasons why it didn't appeal to mass market... I personaly dont think it was that slow (maybe it was as a whole) per episode but it was rather dark. And those chig (?) things were kinda wierd.

As far as a WC TV show goes, I'd be looking for a return to the elegant fierceness of the WC2 Kilrathi. Gracefull yet you never doubt for a second that he could turn and rip out your entrails in a flash! (Ever watch real tigers and lions. Anybody own a cat. They act (mines a girl) like Queen, but inside their fierce hunters.) That's the way they should depict the Kilrathi in a Serial. Where's their honor?

-AD.

S:AAB was interesting, but you all didn't mention the massive budget that single season took. :eek:

Originally posted by Wulf
It is too bad there isn't going to be a WC movie sequel, but then to be completely satisfied, there would always have to be a sequel! WC would have made an excellent prime-time TV series, guaranteed. I know the failure of Space: Above and Beyond could be argued, but the show wasn't set at the right pace (kinda slow, if ya ask me), and it was too third-person omniscient. The problem, I think, was that all of that combined made you feel out of place...instead of the other way around (I felt strangely at home on the carriers while playing WC!).

I do believe we're going to find out.

hmm...

I hope that you aren't trying to set false hopes into me LOAF, lol! And yeah, now that it was mentioned, S:AAB was kinda dark. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show, but it could've been handled better.:)

Back