Prepare for Magnum Launch! (September 27, 2012)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
There's a new new Intelligence Report from Roberts Space Industries, and this one speaks for itself! This space carrier hangar is absolutely gorgeous and comes in at a high enough resolution to confirm that the artist was Ryan Church (of Star Wars Episodes 2 and 3 fame). Look at all the detail!

The latest Time Capsule, 2546: A Leader Rises, also talks about 26th Century politics. Notice how the fiction has started to jump through years more slowly as it approaches the 27th Century where Wing Commander (mostly) takes place...

--
Original update published on September 27, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Not THAT is looking very Wing Commander-y. :)

I'd personally prefer it a little more dirty / lived in (more Battlestar Galactica and less shiny Prophecy), but it is looking excellent, regardless. Such massive advantages to getting talented designers to work on the project. :cool:

Took me a while to notice, but the ships on the flight line match the design from the original "Detroit"-esque concept art -
Carrier-Hangar.jpg

CIG_GAMES_CORP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With the latest Time Capsule dated as 2610, it's looking less likely to fit the Wing Commander timeline :(

Still too early to say that for 100% sure...

Don't get me wrong, I too am of the opinion that this will be something new and awesome, I'm just saying there's still time for it to be WC using something close to the original timeline. And if it's a true re-boot, all bets are off.

Looks like it could easily be the Tigers Claw launch hangar and there are a couple of Hornet looking ships in there. I really like it.

Back