Post 009b patches

MamiyaOtaru

Spaceman
read on for patches to give you more options with turrets, and fix AI not being able to shoot

Currently we have no way to buy and sell guns on a turret. Until that is fixed we needed a workaround, so I just added a bunch of new turrets: one for each type of gun. The prices are equal to turret + two guns + tractor beam.

I was a little late to get them into beta 009 (sorry) but I might create a little patch that can be applied to 009 installations if people want to have different guns on their turrets.

http://priv.solsector.net/turretsPatch.zip

units.csv, master_parts_list.csv, and the new turret bfxms ;)

IMPORTANT
If you plan to apply this patch, run the game first without it and sell your old generic turrets. You will not be able to after applying the patch.
1: run game. sell turrets. save your game
2: apply patch (unzip the files into your privateer directory)
3: run patched game and you can buy the new turrets.

Thanks to Wendy for pointing that out.
If you don't feel like messing with this, you can wait for 1.0

*apparently can't attach zip files here, so link added*

MamiyaOtaru said:
http://priv.solsector.net/turretsPatch.zip

units.csv, master_parts_list.csv, and the new turret bfxms ;)

IMPORTANT
If you plan to apply this patch, run the game first without it and sell your old generic turrets. You will not be able to after applying the patch.
1: run game. sell turrets. save your game
2: apply patch (unzip the files into your privateer directory)
3: run patched game and you can buy the new turrets.

Thanks to Wendy for pointing that out.
If you don't feel like messing with this, you can wait for 1.0

*apparently can't attach zip files here, so link added*

Gawrsh, 'twern't nuthin Man.

Now if I could only bottle the whine I made when I found out I had to copy a couple of directories over... LOL

Fix for AI not shooting

When shield thicknesses were tweaked, their energy consumption was not. The thickness tweak was minor, but the balance is so exact that the minor change threw things off, leaving many NPCs without enough energy to fire their guns. The fix is easy.

Open vegastrike.config in notepad. Search for
<var name="max_shield_recharge_drain" value="10.5"/>
and replace it with
<var name="max_shield_recharge_drain" value="10.0"/>
(change the variable to 10.0)

Everybody, player and NPC, will get a small energy boost. But the effect will be most noticeable for the AI, since players usually know enough not to have a higher level shield than reactor. Often, the AI has a smaller reactor level than shield level, and the small boost will be enough for them to actually have power for their guns at all.

MamiyaOtaru said:
Open vegastrike.config in notepad. Search for
<var name="max_shield_recharge_drain" value="10.5"/>
and replace it with
<var name="max_shield_recharge_drain" value="10.0"/>
(change the variable to 10.0)

Everybody, player and NPC, will get a small energy boost. Butt he effect will be most noticeable for the AI, since players usually know enough not to have a higher level shield than reactor. Often, the AI has a smaller reactor level than shield level, and the small boost will be enough for them to actually have power for their guns at all.

But do I really want them shooting MORE? LOL
Hrm. . .is it gonna be in the next SVN? Will I have a choice? But Daa-aad, they'll be "STRONGER!"

Back