Possible Vista problems?

Janet Noslen

Spaceman
Hi there, since I started running Vista a lot of things haven't been wanting to run for me, especially my much beloved WC Saga prologue. I really love this project, and am impressed by the commitment you are showing. It is very enjoyable to fly around in and fight dralthis.

Anyway, since I've reinstalled, I start the game, and get a message like this after the intro screen,

Error: Could not load in Pop3!
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\UI\WINDOW.cpp
Line: 287
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
kernel32.dll 77433833()
ntdll.dll 776ca9bd()

and every time it tries to load a new screen i.e. pilot choice screen, main menu screen etc. It flips in and out of Windows.

Considering Vista has stopped me from enjoying Standoff at all, I am wondering if I just should have kept Windows 2000 :(

can anyone help?

I don't know has Vista some kind of compablility mode like XP had? If so try that.
Else I can't help you much since I haven't heard of that error before.
Only problem I know of that Vista has is bad OpenGL support but as far as I know most graphiccard companys have allready provided proper drivers for Vista. So you might want to check if your drivers are up to date.

About Vista itself...well its currently at the 50/50 point for me. When it was released I only heard bad stuff. Now I hear that about half of the people working with it are without problems and the other half that still has a lot of problems.

PS: Have you allready posted you problem over at the HLP SCP forum? These guys are working with the code all day. They most likely know how to help you.

Error: Could not load in Pop3!
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\UI\WINDOW.cpp
Line: 287
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
kernel32.dll 77433833()
ntdll.dll 776ca9bd()

Please check if proper resolution is selected. Anything lower than 1024 is not supported.

Back