• Renegade humans wanting to over throw Confed

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Don't care, just so a new game comes out soon

Votes: 18 36.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Kain
4)neelix
Nah, I'd rather go with Phlox...

don't reply! If you do reply, I'll have to ask you to sign this waver that says I'm not responsible for the topic drift.

Signature:

Thank you. :rolleyes:

He sure knows how to sell it that's for sure. Maybe he should work in advertising. :D
I think it's a good idea. Whether or not it'll work or be cliché packed depends on how it's 'done'. But it could work, and as a basis the idea is very good.

Hey, I'm a Major now!!

Hmm, what if you do encounter a truly animal/insectoid race as that supposed "higher power"? Not like the Nephs, but think more along the lines of 100% organic. As, a capship might hit another ship with long tendrils like on a squid, or devour destroyers, or literally puke corrosive fluids. That might fit good in the fluidic space idea. Just another random thought.

I think the Kitty-exchange program thingie doesn't exactly sound like WC. maybe ONE kat, but an entire half-ship full of them? Firekkans maybe not not the Kitties.

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
Hmm, what if you do encounter a truly animal/insectoid race as that supposed "higher power"? Not like the Nephs, but think more along the lines of 100% organic. As, a capship might hit another ship with long tendrils like on a squid, or devour destroyers, or literally puke corrosive fluids. That might fit good in the fluidic space idea. Just another random thought.

I think the Kitty-exchange program thingie doesn't exactly sound like WC. maybe ONE kat, but an entire half-ship full of them? Firekkans maybe not not the Kitties.

I was thinking along the lines of an aliance where a Kitrathi (at least whats left of it) fleet fights along side a confed one. Most of the cats would never set foot on a confed ship. As I mentioned this would be an uneasy alliance. But it would be quite a while after the conclusion of WC3... after the bugs are thwarted in Secret ops... The antagonists need time to study the data and formulate their atack plan.. so it could be a year, even longer before confed finds out about the the Nephilim's origins.. Meanwhile there could still be Bugs poping up here and there, thining confeds fleet out.

Once the invasion fleet is ready, I immagine a large bug fleet would be sent in first... just imagine the suspense... Confed fights tooth and nail to eliminate the bug threat... There all but beat and in jumps a massive fleet of unknown unfriendlies into multiple sectors. To be continued... Would that be a dark enough end for the SO sequel?

I dont know about 100% organic but I would suggest that the fleet be two part. One resembling the nephilim but more advanced, incorporating more mechanical equipment, where as the other half could be something entirely different... Say some kind of plasma based ship, where, instead of tendrils , it would simply arc out at other ships. Not quite organic but more of an energy ship... Which would require confed be a little more inventive in trying to, first off, defend their people, but then to take it to the enemy.
And for kickers, The "stargods" could take on other forms. Human, nephilim, kilrathi, whatever.

Some more random thoughts from AD...

They dont have to be this way, but I think it would be kinda cool.

One of my ideas would be a resurgance of the Church of Man. They would probably love the idea of the Nephilium coming to purify mankind of its technology and stuff.

I would definetely not go with another bug race. The plasma-race is an option, but I dunno, it souns kinda... weird. I really don't know what kinda aliens the supposed Star-Gods should be...

As far as what the star god's are like... they could really be anything. But they have to be significantly different, and there very presence should instill fear. You should have the feeling of being a fly hunted by a swatter, I suppose.
They should be ancient
??perhaps they could even exiled to our galaxy from another (or another universe/ dimension/ fluidic space if you would) and are trying to conquer enough to be powerfull enough to return and fight their exilers??

Originally posted by Unforgiven

Here's an idea for Origin/EA: you won't make a spacesim because you think they won't sell (enough)? Then why not make a first person shooter (or perhaps squad based although purely for the money shooters are more popular right now) where you're in the Marines.

Hell yeah! Westwood's doing it with C&C...why can't the tattered, shredded remnants of what was once Origin do it too?

And while we're at it, whatever happened to WC Marines? Why can't they release one Cat skin for Quake or Half-life or whatever? ONE LOUSY SKIN! That's all I ask! Surely you can do that?

Yeah, I really don't see the Steltek making some killer race either. But then again, you never know what can happen in the universe-proud men fall, glorious empires get knocked out in a single blow. Strange things.

NEW aliens related to the Nephilim , very powerfull. I just want to see Confed with its shiny ships and newbie pilots to get nervous and hopeless:D

I know , im very Mean:mad:

Originally posted by Skyfire
Yeah, I really don't see the Steltek making some killer race either. But then again, you never know what can happen in the universe-proud men fall, glorious empires get knocked out in a single blow. Strange things.

For the two of you out there who haven't already been bored to tears by my idea :D

I always wanted to tie in the Steltek and the bugs. My thought being they engineered them to be their protectors/police force. Or a renegade group of Steltek created them for another reason. Either way, the bugs got out of control and started causing havoc. The Kilrathi witnessed part of this. Perhaps the bugs planned to use them as slave labor or something else. Because of their technology, the bugs seemed like gods, but the Kilrathi prepared to fight them anyhow. At this point the Steltek come along to reign them in. However, since they felt responsible for what they had done, they could not kill them, since in a sense they were their children, so they somehow "banished" them to a remote part of space that did not allow them to use jump points to get back. Kind of like the Dallas system. Somehow the destruction of Kilrah opened a rift that the bugs were able to exploit to get back. The biggest problem with this is the dates for the Steltek don't match up well. For the most part they were supposed to have left our neighborhood well before the bugs show up.

A completely subjective opinion is that to me the drone and scout from Privateer over in the ships database do remind me of some of the design elements in the bugs ships. However, this is a weak argument, since it is entirely possible given the requirments of traveling in space that there are only so many ways to create ships, so some similarities are do to nothing but the most efficient way to design a ship.

This just reminded me of something...

Ultima was popular enough that it had a couple of off shoots entitled 'Worlds of Ultima' that used the old Ultima 6 engine, and documented some adventures of the Avatar when he wasn't busy saving Sosaria/Britannia. The first one (The Savage Frontier, iirc) featured a race of insects that had been created as servitors by an ancient reptilian race, but had broken free of their creators, and later became a warlike race.

I don't suppose the Steltek happened to be reptiles, did they...?

heh heh

And for those who don't already know...

WC stuff popping up in Ultima:
'Attack' by the Kilrathi mentioned in the Ultima Online newspaper, complete with photos (joke).
In Ultima VII, Thrakhath's fighter from WC2 was found in the field of a farmer who wondered who Rathi was, and why it was so important to kill him.
Ultima Underworld 2 had four-legged guard felines that secretly possessed the ability to talk, and that had legends that claimed they once flew between the stars. IIRC, the name of the felines in the game was an acronym for Kilrathi.

That would be rather interesting Shane, and I do agree that the drone is a kinda weak argument. :) However, I can't remember where I heard/read this, but someone came up with the idea that some sort of "monitoring device" was placed by the Nephilim within Kilrah and once the planet was blown up, it was activated, triggering them to come. I don't remember exactly how, but that idea got shot down. But! It just sounded like something that could go along with your thoughts!

Originally posted by junior
Ultima was popular enough that it had a couple of off shoots entitled 'Worlds of Ultima' that used the old Ultima 6 engine, and documented some adventures of the Avatar when he wasn't busy saving Sosaria/Britannia. The first one (The Savage Frontier, iirc) featured a race of insects that had been created as servitors by an ancient reptilian race, but had broken free of their creators, and later became a warlike race.

I don't suppose the Steltek happened to be reptiles, did they...?

Never got around to playing the Ultima games, I always prefered my adventure games to be of the text nature. It's been a while since I've played Privateer, and you only see a Steltek once, but I was thinking they were insect like, in a green Alien sort of way. But my memory could be fuzzy. Anyone have a screen capture?

Oh, and Skyfire, I recall that thread vaguely. As usual, I put forth my idea :) and I recall somone else mentioning the alert thing. If I recall correctly, the argument was something along the lines of why would they go to all that trouble?

Originally posted by Skyfire
That would be rather interesting Shane, and I do agree that the drone is a kinda weak argument. :) However, I can't remember where I heard/read this, but someone came up with the idea that some sort of "monitoring device" was placed by the Nephilim within Kilrah and once the planet was blown up, it was activated, triggering them to come. I don't remember exactly how, but that idea got shot down. But! It just sounded like something that could go along with your thoughts!

I was the one who suggested that, and the main point was along the lines of "Why would they go to all the trouble?"
My main counter argument was that all the evidence suggested the destruction of Kilrah was important for some reason, and given that, the sensor was a possibility.
At any rate, we simply don't know enough about the background on the Nephilim to know why Kilrah would have been so important to them.
But it sure is fun to speculate.

Originally posted by junior
But it sure is fun to speculate.

I wholeheartedly concur with that.

As for the tie in to the destruction of Kilrah, I would hope those who developed the story did not throw it in as a giant red herring, but they might have. Or even if they didn't plan it to be that way, if they ever do a sequel, they could change it around and say that it was. Either way, I'd just be happy to have another WC game.

Back