Popups in the new version

Mekt-Hakkikt

Mpanty's bane
Hi!

Mostly the new popup style for in-game informations about the ships and missiles are a real advance.

But on my display, the ship's information pop-ups are very big. I always have to use the slide bars the see the entire information. Maybe that's just because of my display settings but would it be possible to make the ship's information pop-up smaller? Take away the picture (we already see on the map what the ship looks like) and such information as hangar bay and jump capacitors maybe.

Also, the turn summary pop up: is there a way to see it again once you closed it, except of going back to the last turn/phase?

Though this is fairly minor nitpicking, as you see. I am rather impressed how professional TacOps has become. :)

The popups are well sized for me; I think you have your resolution way down... but I run at 1280x1024.

Ah, the resolution... I'm running at 1280x1024, too, so I can't complain. I wouldn't want to take the "3D" ship images out of the info screen, though - they're just too beautiful :p, and besides: I'm still hoping that some day people will stumble upon this game who are not that familiar with WC2's ships. ;)

The ship info screen is 600 pixels wide, btw. So yes, at a resolution of 1024x768 I can see your point. ;) But if you knew what it takes to change all the ship info screens, you probably wouldn't have asked. :p (Read: Due to my sparse spare time, I'd very much like to keep it the way it is - that is, if you're the only one having this problem.)

Well since it seems to be only a (very minor) problem for me, of course I don't expect you to change it.

What about the turn summary pop up: any possibility to see it again?

Yep, refreshing the browser window is currently the only way of having the turn summary window reappear. I mean, I could implement a shortcut key command with little effort, but I'm not sure if it's really needed. Since I decided against a GUI with obvious buttons and a menu bar, I can't insert a button anywhere on the map without it looking funny. ;)

Back