POLL: Which WC game is your favorite in the series and why?

I must say that you are both incredibly insane... Thank you, and goodnight.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Now that would be hard, but I`d have to say SO: Not much of a story, bad music, not really a game on it`s own, oh, and extremely bad lines for Casey.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
WC1. Couldn't see jack. Got shot up by my own wingmen, crappy controls, low visibility,...

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

No it isn't... they made KS so that people who didn't know how to make it work in DOS could play it easily, and so they could make some more $ off of it.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC said:
No it isn't... they made KS so that people who didn't know how to make it work in DOS could play it easily, and so they could make some more $ off of it.

TC

you can get rid of the cockpit view in KS too

WC1 is my overall favorite. Best gameplay, engaging story, nice graphics.

WC3 comes in 2nd with a good mix of gameplay, FMV, and story.

WC4 had the bst FMV. same gameplay as WC3 but not as many missions.

WCP has the best 3D-accelerated looks and..that..about..it.

I like em all.
smile.gif

------------------
We shall slice of their heads and thrust them upon tiki sticks!

Quarto said:
Hmm, sounds like you didn't play P2, Mad Hatter
smile.gif

You`re quite right, Quarto, actually I haven`t played any of the Privateer games and Acadamy. How`d you guess?

You`re quite right, Quarto, actually I haven`t played any of the Privateer games and Acadamy. How`d you guess?
Simple. You wouldn't be complaining about SO if you had P2. Or at least, you wouldn't be complaining about Casey's bad lines.

I didn't really see what was wrong with Privateer 2. The cockpit comms sucked big time, but the story and settings were cool.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Privateer 2 was a very good game. It featured an engine capable of 60fps on slower computers, simulated 3D acceleration (at least it looked that way), and a story that, although was dripping with british sci-fi, was enjoyable. Acting wasn't horrible (although it wasn't anything to write home about...) Personally, the only gripe I have with the game and even more so with EA is that the original was Pure DOS only. In one year I probably won't be able to use it anymore...shit.

------------------
Stop the foolishness...
stop the insanity...
Re-release the Kilrathi Saga NOW!!!

Dralthi5: Exactly. The cockpit comms. Until I heard them, I thought I might actually enjoy it. And then... "Ay am the greem reapa!"
biggrin.gif
Those just screw the whole game up completely.
And the setting. The news briefs - as shown on the CIC's front page - make me wonder if the game was serious, or if it was supposed to be a parody.

Definitely Wing Commander 4 that game had
the best story ever and the effects were
cool! the best part was on the planet and you
saw the effects of the bioweapon.

Quarto said:
Dralthi5: Exactly. The cockpit comms. Until I heard them, I thought I might actually enjoy it. And then... "Ay am the greem reapa!"
biggrin.gif
Those just screw the whole game up completely.

Oh, and I suppose "DIEEEEE!!!!" is much more intelligent, right? Why do your wingmen always have the best lines?

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited June 20, 2000).]

Some of those faces on the cockpit comms made me think, " Whoa! What the hell...?" They didn't even look- or sound -human.
wink.gif
But I don't think they screwed up the entire game. And I didn't even look at the newsbriefs, so I don't really know much 'bout them (I don't read the fake ones on the CIC's front page, either).

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

That's because some of them weren't meant to be homan. But even the human ones were freaks. All in all, I felt that it would have been better if there had been no comms whatsoever in the game.
You're wise to ignore the news updates - because after reading five or six, I just can't help thinking the game was designed by a bunch of idiots
smile.gif

"DIEEEEE!!!!" is more intelligent than "Hey go'ie boy, kiss ma ass!", though
smile.gif

Back