Polish Program Promotes Prophecy (December 8, 2018)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
AD found an interesting VHS recording of a '90s Polish video game show, TV Enter. In this episode they review several games, including Dreams to Reality, Critical Depth, Rampage World Tour and Wing Commander: Prophecy. Whether or not you speak the language, this is a very interesting time capsule into the digital landscape of 20 years ago. Each of the profiled games is a unique peek at the graphical differences of the day, and even the garish P2-style computer backdrops between cuts bring back wavy neon memories. If the embed below doesn't work, jump to 7:25 in the video for the Wing Commander part.

--
Original update published on December 8, 2018

Fun fact: guy who created and narrated this show, completely reinvented himself and became this sort of celebrity born-again Christian composer/conductor (and dyed his hair blonde)
Yeah-I know-my first post here since ages (probably a decade)

Fun fact: guy who created and narrated this show, completely reinvented himself and became this sort of celebrity born-again Christian composer/conductor (and dyed his hair blonde)
Hmm, was he? I never got the impression there was anything "born again" about him in religious terms, it's just that he is religious - but then again, I've never kept up with celebrity chatter, so I'm sure I could easily have missed some "born again" moment. Certainly, I can see his musical career has concentrated on religious stuff for well over a decade now. Though now that you've encouraged me to look him up, I'm rather surprised to find his musical career pre-dates his appearance in this programme. It's a funny kind of thing, all in all - here's this guy, who's kind of got a musical career going, he's 29 years old, and suddenly he's doing a TV programme about computer games. This at a time when having someone over 20 talking about games was highly unusual, to say the least. It must have really been a passion project for him.

Edit: but goodness, what on earth is he talking about? The Kilrathi were preparing another attack against Confed before the Nephilim smashed their fleet? Way to go, completely not getting the story :).

Last edited:
Back