PNR Films (Real group or practical joke?)

Originally posted by milo
Huh? Ryder was convicted of two felonies, for which she has not yet been sentenced. How do you figure she "got off?"

Because.......the prosecution said that they wer not going to ask for jail time. She'll prolly just get probation.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's not British... he was, I believe, born in the US and then raised in the UK.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Because.......the prosecution said that they wer not going to ask for jail time. She'll prolly just get probation.
But that's not up to the jury. They found her guilty of the crimes she committed. Whether or not she receives fitting punishment is another matter.

Originally posted by milo
But that's not up to the jury. They found her guilty of the crimes she committed. Whether or not she receives fitting punishment is another matter.

Just another example of hollywood getting special treatment if she is not punished justly as she has a history of this.:(

So if the judge lets her down easy it will be another step towards celebrities in hollywood having amnesty:mad:

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
Just another example of hollywood getting special treatment if she is not punished justly as she has a history of this.:(

So if the judge lets her down easy it will be another step towards celebrities in hollywood having amnesty:mad:
You're only angered because she's a celebrity. If she was an ordinary person off the street, you wouldn't want her to get a jail term. Not that you'd even hear about her, then. Ever considered that the attention she gets about this makes her punishment a lot harsher than what an ordinary person would get in such a situation?

actually, all the media attention will help her career. when she makes another movie, people will be like "oh thats the lady who was on trial. let's go see her movie" at least thats what all the hollywood people are saying bout this.

not true anyone who deserves it deserves it and to many celebs walk scott free.
I know that some celebrities do indeed get off easily for their misdeeds, but I don't think this is true for even a majority of celebrity cases, and certainly not true for this one. Thing is, we don't hear about most of the other cases. They're not famous, so nobody cares that they only pay a fine.

People are very, very rarely put in jail for shoplifting. It's not a case of special treatment at all...

Originally posted by Quarto
You're only angered because she's a celebrity. If she was an ordinary person off the street, you wouldn't want her to get a jail term. Not that you'd even hear about her, then. Ever considered that the attention she gets about this makes her punishment a lot harsher than what an ordinary person would get in such a situation?

If she weren't a celebrity, the whole "I'm practicing for a part in a movie" bit wouldn't have worked and she might have gotten the burglury charge too.

Originally posted by Quarto
I know that some celebrities do indeed get off easily for their misdeeds, but I don't think this is true for even a majority of celebrity cases, and certainly not true for this one. Thing is, we don't hear about most of the other cases. They're not famous, so nobody cares that they only pay a fine.

Yeah, like how OJ got away with murder!

Actually, not wanting to hijack the thread here, related to what I said there was something hilarious on the Terminator Special Edition DVD....in the little book thingy, there's a quote from 1984 where James Cameron says "I originally wanted OJ Simpson to play the Terminator, but we found out that nobody would beleive somebody as nice as OJ could be a cold blooded killer.", or something along those lines.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Yeah, like how OJ got away with murder!

Actually, not wanting to hijack the thread here, related to what I said there was something hilarious on the Terminator Special Edition DVD....in the little book thingy, there's a quote from 1984 where James Cameron says "I originally wanted OJ Simpson to play the Terminator, but we found out that nobody would beleive somebody as nice as OJ could be a cold blooded killer.", or something along those lines.

:D Ha ha ha, LOL, Oh my god.:D He really said that?

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Wow. I could've swore that they said he was not guilty...

I let others argue that one with you I'm not gonna touch that one. But I will say this why run in like a 6 hour car chase if your not guilty? (which wasn't exciting like the ones that happen in L.A. now back then it just high jacked my primetime t.v.)

I let others argue that one with you I'm not gonna touch that one.

Good. I'm not really interested in arguing whether or not he was guilty. In fact, I don't believe I've even formed an opinion on the matter.

I let others argue that one with you I'm not gonna touch that one. But I will say this why run in like a 6 hour car chase if your not guilty? (which wasn't exciting like the ones that happen in L.A. now back then it just high jacked my primetime t.v.)

I like how you said you're not going to touch it.... and then go on to comment on it! :)

Back