PNR Films (Real group or practical joke?)

That was just before he left...

But I can absolutely confirm that it's real -- I've talked to Chris Roberts about it. There've been interviews with him online about it... it's not some kind of crazy hoax.

Ho I see...
So the question is closed ! But that's a good news ! :cool: I was really thinking, since the beginning of this thread, that it was a very bad joke.

Originally posted by Sadic
I just went to the site once more and that's true that it has been designed by a compagny.
Yes, it was designed by WonderBuild. They have one other public site that shows up on a google - B52 Billiards, a beer and billiards bar in Denver - which is also Flash. Their own site www.wonderbuild.com is pretty dull, and provides no information about the company.

/me hands TC a tissue

(I do love that Chris Roberts address is listed as "Commanders Point Drive") :D

(I do love that Chris Roberts address is listed as "Commanders Point Drive")

It's a real street -- enter it in Mapquest (G) I don't think he lives in Austin anymore, though.

I checked the phone number, and it is unlisted, so may it's his real number as well...
i really doubt it, but maybe LOAF should give Chris a call, afterall atleast he has meet Chris before.

Wow, why would he want to phone him right now, though? Hey, Mr. Roberts some people on a web board suspect that your company might not be real! I'm calling to confirm it actually exists, even though I know that already!

A quick search turned up at least two references to Ascendant Pictures... Other than this message board.
One Site (something like www.scriptsales.com) lists that company as having bought some script called "the big white" and lists Chris Roberts as a Producer... Of couse I have no way of knowing the authenticity of this site....

Title: The Big White
Log Line: In Alaska, a hapless travel agent's wife suffers from psychosomatic Tourette's Syndrome. He decides that a warmer climate might cure her, so he hatches a scheme to cash in on a million dollar life insurance policy by stealing a corpse and pretending it's his long missing brother.

Hmmm... ok...

That is the log line for the script of the film which, according to the site that AD linked to, is being produced by Chris Roberts.

Originally posted by TC
Wow, why would he want to phone him right now, though? Hey, Mr. Roberts some people on a web board suspect that your company might not be real! I'm calling to confirm it actually exists, even though I know that already!

i really don't care wether or not PNR is real, i just thought i'd add to the absurdity of this thread

I find it sad that he had to leave the gaming world. I don't know if he did it because he wanted to or if it was because of the fact that his last couple games didn't do so well. But Its a shame cause he's definently one of the first major influential american video game story tellers.

Hollywood is such a Pit of Hell ( I mean they get freedom of speech no questions asked and video games Risk being totally banned sometimes. I'm referring to the ban in greece that made it Illegal to play video games in private or in public with a risk of jail time or 75,000 euros in fines. it took place during june-sept 02' till a judge called it unconstitutional)

I should of come up with better words for it. I don't respect alot of hollywood for getting special treatment (look at how winona Rider got off. what the hell was the jury thinking) while other forms of media gets censored and scrutinized all the time and are definently not above the law. :mad: at hollywood

Huh? Ryder was convicted of two felonies, for which she has not yet been sentenced. How do you figure she "got off?"

The only count for which she was found innocent - burglary - requires that the prosecution show beyond reasonable doubt that the defendent entered the premises with the express intent of committing the theft. It seems unlikely that such evidence was presented during the trial.

Sounds to me like the jury did their jobs pretty well.

I had been following the trial on celebrity justice and then stopped watching for awhile. Then have seen other news programs like fox news channel and the best damn sports show saying she got off and the guys stating this were not happy about it either. But I guess I did not have all the facts as I took there word for it as I have not been following that stuff lately.

Back