PNR Films (Real group or practical joke?)

Concordia_FP

Spaceman
Does the "INFO@PNRFILMS.COM" address exist? Everytime I send something there, it doesn't recieve. I'm starting to think that that website is just an elaborate joke on WC fans. It hasn't been updated since it was created, and no one can get any other information from them.

I have said that before "Whats going on" and if its a big joke , but everyone laughed at me

But now that it's been awhile, people are starting to wonder the same thing, and since we can't contact the person(s) in charge, we'll never know. So I'm not gonna get my hopes up for WC-TV series.

Dont know , maybe LOAF knows something more , cause he made fan of me back then! Go ask him

Concordia_FP, do you get an "Unable to be delivered" error/e-mail when you try to send? If not, you can't be sure they are or are not receiving your e-mail. And as far as their website, did you think mabey they cannot afford an elaborate staff of webmasters to keep the site up to date? New companies don't start and then *poof* have a big budget of monopoly money...

Not everyone can update a Flash site. They probably had to pay a "web site makeing compagny" $3 billion to make it for them.

The mind boggles at the gaps of logic in this thread.

LeHah is mightily frightened. :(

It's not just making the site, it's also providing a server, and making sure it's secure, both for itself, and for the viewers. ANYONE can make a crappy site, but it takes time and talent (See: Money) to make something on par with PNR's site. Consider they probably decided to spend their starting funds on the actual projects instead of a website that probably doesn't get enough hits to warrent it. Keep in mind a few hundred hits a day is *nothing*.

P.S. Do you realy think a company would give something they had to pay good money for to someone they don't even know for FREE? You need to take an economics class, as well as a few Common Sense 101 nite courses.

There have been a couple of comments from some of the more knowledgeable and connected people here to indicate that the PNR site is legit, and that Chris Roberts really is working on a WC TV series. Mind you, there's been nothing of real substance. Its just been a brief confirmation that they knew it was in the works before the site went up (no suggestions of plot or anything else).

Originally posted by KrisV
Not everyone can update a Flash site. They probably had to pay a "web site makeing compagny" $3 billion to make it for them.
In this market? If they paid more than $30,000 they got robbed. WonderBuild ain't exactly a household name in this industry.

Originally posted by milo
In this market? If they paid more than $30,000 they got robbed. WonderBuild ain't exactly a household name in this industry.

You make me sad.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Concordia_FP, do you get an "Unable to be delivered" error/e-mail when you try to send? If not, you can't be sure they are or are not receiving your e-mail. And as far as their website, did you think mabey they cannot afford an elaborate staff of webmasters to keep the site up to date? New companies don't start and then *poof* have a big budget of monopoly money...

actually, alittle REAL money will buy ALOT of monopoly money...

I checked the whois database to know who registred the site and here is the answer :

You may be able to buy this domain name through http://www.afternic.com/offer

Organization:
Chris Roberts
Christopher Roberts
4521 Commanders Point Drive
Austin, TX 78734
US
Phone: 512-413-1178
Fax..: 512-266-3001
Email: croberts@digitalanvil.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: PNRFILMS.COM

Created on..............: Fri, Mar 09, 2001
Expires on..............: Sun, Mar 09, 2003
Record last updated on..: Wed, Mar 14, 2001

Administrative Contact:
Ascendant Pictures
Michael Abbott
1041 North Formosa Ave, SME 210
West Hollywood, CA 90046
US
Phone: 323-850-2744
Fax..: 323-850-2781
Email: filmrookie@hotmail.com

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 212-798-9200
Fax..: 212-629-9305
Email: domain-registrar@register.com

Domain Name Servers:

NS1.NAMESERVE.NET 207.159.128.3
NS2.NAMESERVE.NET 207.159.128.11

Register your domain name at http://www.register.com

You may be able to buy this domain name through http://www.afternic.com/offer

So as I don't think Chris Robert's would register this site himself I go for a Joke. Furthermore it states that maybe we can buy the domain, and I checked for other "true" domains (including mine), and there is no such statement.

It's a very bad joke :mad: . Sadly I believed there may be a WC TV show. Until now.:mad:

The 'you may be able to buy this domain' bit depends on where you registered it. For instance, anything registered through "register.com" (including the register.com domain itself...) will say "You may be able to buy this domain name through http://www.afternic.com/offer". Other domains will say other things or nothing at all. It's up to the seller.

PNR is, indeed, a real company (although I think they're called Ascendant Pictures now, which is why the e-mail doesn't work).

I just went to the site once more and that's true that it has been designed by a compagny.
Or at least by someone who is skillfull using flash (both on the technical and artistic side).
That's a good point aginst the joke theory. Or maybe the joker is a very motivated multimilionaire ? ;)

Nevertheless do you know if Chris Roberts was still working at digital anvil in March 2001 ?
That could be a good indication about the validity of the email given when registering the domain.

Back