Plunkett-class cruisers

Not trying to *combine* the movie and AS... I'm just saying that the neat space battleships in the movie may be what the neat space battleships in AS look like.

And once again, the Tiger's Claw isn't the Bengal II, it's just the second variation of Bengal... information on the original Bengals is in the Confederation Handbook.

Whoops, yes, of course. I meant the Lexington from WC4, not the Victory. Perhaps the fact that the in-game models for the Victory and the Lexington were the same confused me somewhat. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Whoops, yes, of course. I meant the Lexington from WC4, not the Victory. Perhaps the fact that the in-game models for the Victory and the Lexington were the same confused me somewhat. :)
They weren't exactly the same. Very similar, but there are indeed noticeable differences. For example, there is a slight bulge around the island superstructure in the LEXINGTON that is not present in the VICTORY.

Are you sure it wasnt just because the Lexington was a mirror image of the Victory so the bulge was on the other side?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Not trying to *combine* the movie and AS... I'm just saying that the neat space battleships in the movie may be what the neat space battleships in AS look like.

Neat space battleships? In the movie? I don't remember any neat space battleships in the movie...I remember a couple of images that resembles battleships on the cover of AS...

Keep in mind this is based on the idea that supercruisers and battleships are seperate classes. Although, would that make the movie Connie a battlecruiser? Or a fighter-carrying battleship (this idea was touched on several times in the past).

And if the Connie from AS was the start of the Concordia class, than how come in the WCIV novel Blair remembers the Princeston as resembling the Concordia?

I'm confused...

(BTW: Does anyone know where Concordia is? I've tried locating it several times, without success...

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Neat space battleships? In the movie? I don't remember any neat space battleships in the movie...I remember a couple of images that resembles battleships on the cover of AS...

There were a whole bunch of such ships at Pegasus base docked and in the Concordia battle group both of which never had any lingering shots but were there.

Keep in mind this is based on the idea that supercruisers and battleships are seperate classes. Although, would that make the movie Connie a battlecruiser? Or a fighter-carrying battleship (this idea was touched on several times in the past).

It would make it the same role as a battlecruiser, ship to ship fighting, but the Connie in the movie was also a command ship that had a compliment of 20 fighters but was a supercruiser by whatever definition you have of it.

And if the Connie from AS was the start of the Concordia class, than how come in the WCIV novel Blair remembers the Princeston as resembling the Concordia?

This gets a little confusing because in the game its a Concordia class ship as is the Lexington, but the book suggests they are the same class as the Concordia (Confederation class) Im not sure how to explain this.

I'm confused...

We all are sometimes :)

(BTW: Does anyone know where Concordia is? I've tried locating it several times, without success...

Maybe your thinking of Concord? As in the battle of...

Originally posted by Supdon3

Maybe your thinking of Concord? As in the battle of...

Ok, I'll amend that: Does anyone know what the Concordia is named after? I've never been able to figure that out...

About the Confederation Handbook

The confederation handbook.. is it based on the Movie material or the game material?

It would make a big difference to me if I knew what flavor of WC it leans towards.

Fleet Carrier

Standard fleet carrier?

I don't beleive the Concordia class (Read: NOT Confederation class) was such a thing.

Confederation's shortage of operational fleet carriers is detailed in End Run and Action Stations.

Confed never had a standard carrier. War time.. there is no such thing. You have batches of ships in wartime.. 4..5..or 6 to a batch. Then you learn from mistakes and build a new or improved sub-set.

The Ranger class or Concordia class... couldn't be fleet carriers.. just look at them.

What do they carry? 50,60,70 fighters (If you beleive that the Concordia class is actually newer somehow and bigger than the 'Ranger' counterparts)? Victory had something like 50 according to WC3 book.

Yes -- the Concordia class served as Confed's standard fleet carrier through the entire war.

Re: Fleet Carrier

Originally posted by Gagarin

Yes -- the Concordia class served as Confed's standard fleet carrier through the entire war.

Standard fleet carrier?

I don't beleive the Concordia class (Read: NOT Confederation class) was such a thing.

Confederation's shortage of operational fleet carriers is detailed in End Run and Action Stations.

Confed never had a standard carrier. War time.. there is no such thing. You have batches of ships in wartime.. 4..5..or 6 to a batch. Then you learn from mistakes and build a new or improved sub-set.

The Ranger class or Concordia class... couldn't be fleet carriers.. just look at them.

What do they carry? 50,60,70 fighters (If you beleive that the Concordia class is actually newer somehow and bigger than the 'Ranger' counterparts)? Victory had something like 50 according to WC3 book.
The RANGER-class were light carriers, not fleet carriers, and thus do not factor into this discussion. The CONCORDIA-class were indeed fleet carriers.

FWIW, you're also quite incorrect in surmising that there is no such thing as a standard fleet carrier in wartime. What would you call the ESSEX-class in WWII, of which there were some 27 built? Or even in peacetime, with the modern NIMITZ-class, of which there are 9, and another not too far away?

[Edited by OriginalPhoenix on 04-30-2001 at 12:43]

Confed's standard fleet carrier (read: most produced, most used) was the Concordia class -- since the Concordia class were the only carrier design that was in use for the entire war.

The Concordia class is, indeed, a fleet carrier -- it carries 96 fighters, and forms the basis of a fleet.

The Ranger is a light carrier, and carries 40 fighters.

By space-battleship, I refer to the Concordia class SuperCruisers, which literally look like WW2 style battleships in space.

Concordia isn't named after anything (well, two of them are named after previous Concordias) -- it's a word that means harmony.

LOAF: Why the Design of the Tiger´s Claw, look older than the Ranger if he is newer (don´t tell me because the WC1 is older than WC3)

But... the look of the Tiger's Claw *doesn't* look older than the Ranger... it has launch tubes, unlike the Ranger...

It doesn't have launch tubes! It's flight deck jus runs under the a hood which is connected to the bridge. As far as I can discern. the only reason it looks like launch tubes is because of the speed of which you leave from under the hood, and the crummy WCI graphics.

Well, i think that the Ranger class is more modular... a great hangar with a ship around.
About the launch tubes, i think that the Concordia doesn´t have anyone, and is newer than the Tiger´s Claw (Launch Tubes indicates if is new or old in design ????)

Is the TCS Victory a Ranger? If so, in WCIII it does say that the Victory is one of the oldest ships in the fleet...

Back