Please put WCU related comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may redownload the patch in about 10 minutes, it should fix things nicely. I'm using bfxm throughout now so no more mesher popping up. Also, for kicks, be sure to travel a bit to find bases that will sell you new stuff -- there's two new guns in there. (Both, of course, correctly appeared before in wing commander). They're not ultimate weapons but they fill a gap that was there before.

I'm still ALWAYS open for suggestion on stuff to change or add! (Hope you like my Kilrathi corvette/transport btw)

Hi Spirit

The Problem i PM´ed you has returned......

I used to pop out of Priv to the desktop to view the WCU map...... after switching back to game new autogenerated systems didn´t have anymore new jumppoints. Tthe only one left was the one that you came through . Also my Universe Map disappeared. Systemmap does work but can´t see the Sectormap anymore.....

I noticed also that once i popped out of Priv the Game minimizes everytime i am entering a new ungenerated system.... maybe it has something to do with the missing jumppoints.....

so well now i have to restart ´cause my game was saved automatically with the srewed values so that i can´t explore anymore further...... :(...... but hey :) ......new fun!!!!!!

THX Pliers

after short testin´ it seems to work

thanks alot Spirit! :D

I´ve got a request to you Spirit......

I noticed that you "rolled" the Galaxy a little bit at the landing pad....
I sooner mentioned that the Galaxy is too small in relation to the Tarsus and tried to change this.....

On the Tarsus i quite succeeded i changed the size to a smaller one.

But the Galaxy gives me headaches...... when i increased the size of the model the Guns "hang" some space before the ship but the model didn´t get bigger maybe you know some clue to solve this. It wolud be great if the Galaxy looks bigger at the landing pad and the shipdealer.

Thanks

Pliers

Pliers, the size on the landing pad has nothing to do with how big the ship is. You can change the sizes, but the Galaxy is already bigger than the tarsus, looka t them side by side in space. All ships are shown approximately the same size on the landing pad, sorry.

So I just unzip this overtop of my Privateer directory and start a new game? Cause I did that, and bought the Gemini map and I can't see any extra solarsystems. Did I miss something?

If you buy the Gemini map you only get to see Gemini systems -- just travel to Troy or Junction and use the new jump point. :) Haven't done the maps yet.

@ MamiyaOtaru

Ok i understand..... because the models aur just set infront of an .png the sizes seem to differ because of the background.... ok got it... :)

Pliers

Hey spirit, I would like to say again... version number included in wcu-thingy's file name would make things a lot simpler, don't you think? :) I got this disturbing unsure feeling all the time, "do I absolutely certainly have the latest patch installed"...

I installed all the patches I could find here (big wcy-thingy, small patch and a bit bigger patch) for my 1.0pre5 but didn't help for the MesherPoppingUpAndGameMinimizing-problem at all... Well, hopefully this problem doesn't exist in 1.0 -> dloading...

Hi Spirit.....

I... have again something to ask.....

I´ve installed V 1.0 the the Patch then the Fix

I wanted to go to Callisto via Pyrenees.... but in Pyrenees there is no Jumppoint...

I tried the shortcut via Gemini via Minsk via Aphrodite to Callisto.....

In Callisto there is a Jumppoint to Pyrenees. I jumped trough that... but in Pyrenees there was still no Jumppoint.....

I noticed the same in Freya. There is no Jumpnode to Agea but from Agea to Freya there is one..... strange

Thanks

Pliers :D

Thanks! I never got around to edit those systems, is all -- right now your gateway to the rest of the universe is Troy or Junction -> Gemini -> Auriga. Either that or the Kilrathi worlds.

I'm going to change this in the next release, which is mostly going to be fixes and fine tuning the war system. I've been asked if it would be possible for the player to fly a Durango carrier... isn't that overkill? ^^;

How much would that cost though... Right now you can't get militia/confed ships without completing part of the plot (and spending a lot of money). What sort of plot could there be in the border worlds/landreich and so on?

hmmm....

BW without doubt some trouble with the Confed and Kilrathi.....

Landreich ..... difficult...... maybe some plot regarding occupying the uncolonized landreich systems below Black hole system...

Pliers

Well, this is pre WC4 so technically the BWU is just a slightly-more-independent militia force (which is why as of now you see confed ships in BW systems)

What I want to do now is make sure WCU looks JUST RIGHT, if people want to add plots later on... well talk to hellcatv on that one ^^; I suppose that there's plenty to do for a privateer in 2669, especially after he's notorious.

Thoughts would be:

*A stint on a Confed or BW (probably BW, they're more flexible) carrier with WC1/2/3 style missions (go into a system, patrol/strike, return to carrier, carrier moves to another system while you are docked, dock screen has barracks, briefing room etc. like in WC3)

*A "rival" figure, a powerful captain of industry who wants you out of business because you're on his turf. Maybe make a Jules Verne style bet-the-farm story in which you have to compete with your rival on the fastest cargo run or the most kills in X amount of time. The reward for finishing this plot COULD be...

*Being able to buy a base somewhere (or inheriting your rival's) and buying addons to it... I'm thinking Skies of Arcadia now. Addons expand/change goods and weapons productions, you can of course buy things at cost in this base.

*The Society of Mandarins. That was an interesting villain that only showed up a little bit in WC2 (and is referenced in ONE bartender blurb in Priv). It would be kinda interesting if you were hired by Confed to join the Mandarins as a mole!

*The Kilrathi defectors (Gorah Khar colony).

*Pilgrims. Are they a faction? Do they know the Steltek? Did they somehow merge with the Steltek, like the Scions in Battlezone2 maybe? (Please no midichlorians stuff Pilgrim wise... please... it made the wc movie stink.... actor who played blair was cute though)

* A romantic subplot, please! Brownhair deserves a girlfriend!!!!! *volunteers*

It would be kinda cool if the game became more and more like Wing Commander Armada as you gain more power...

nice thoughts.....

well till then i have something for ya.....

how does the autogen work in relation to the ammount of units that are deployed in a system randomly?

i got that for instance several times.....

see attachment

hundrets of units.....

man that made my machine veeeeeery slow

i tweaked my galaxy a little bit in shieldstrength.
is this decisive for the autogen?

Pliers

Attachments

• Screenshot5.JPG
    Screenshot5.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 191
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back