Please, I really need your help here

liam_bat

Spaceman
Okay, the competition that my friend Fire Pants was in is over.
Our efforts to get votes must have been too good, because he was disqualified... For being Too far ahead.
The bastards at this radio station had no grounds, and no proof, so I am exremely pissed off right now, and that is putting it mildly. :mad:
My friend definately deserved this win, and we want to prove it to the radio station.
Anyine that voted before, PLEASE e-mail the radio station and tell them!
I thought our 'battle' to win was over, but I fear it's only just begun.
The e-mail addresses we sending our complaints to are Dex1047edgeradio@Yahoo.com and adam121047edgeradio@yahoo.com

I didn't think it was possible, but know I'm even more determined, and I guess deperate, to get support for him.
E-mailing will obviously take more time than it did to vote, but this time we have something to be enraged about, he was defamed on the air, he did nothing to deserve it. If you can spare the time, then THANK YOU, now more than ever.

Thank you all again for your time,

-Liam Batchelor
-DigitalAvatar
"This time... It's personal" :mad:

What´s this? :confused:

Do you care about your "Fire Pants" friend THAT much? Or those e-mails you provided are just the type like "E-mail me and I´ll spam you forever?"

Too bad I finished last on that moderator voting :D

Now hold on... you go and get a bunch of people to blindly vote for your friend, and then you get pissed off when they disqualify him?

Starkey: Yes, I care about my friend that much. And why wouldn't I? :confused:

Quarto:
Yes, I was annoyed.
I thought he deserved to win. He is a great guy, he helps a lot of people with game problems they have. That's why I asked here. I guess in hindsight, asking people to 'blindly vote' was a bad idea, but hey, they say that hindsight is 20/20. :(

But there were no terms set for the voting competition, he should have been proclaimed the winner, he finished with the most votes.

Anyway, they've now removed his disqualification, he's now the runner up. He doesn't win anything much, but he seems to be satisfied, so that's enough for me.

Thank y'all for your time and support, it was much apreciated :)

Sincerely,

-Liam Batchelor
-DigitalAvatar

Heh, well, it sounds to me like he got what he deserved. They really didn't need to put up a "Please don't cheat" notice. The whole point of a voting is to have people vote for the entry they like best. A contest is about coming up with something really good, not about convincing the most people to click here and select radiobutton so and so and then click there.

Kris:
Are you telling me you wouldn't try and help your friend if you could?
He told us he was in this comp, so of course we all wanted to help him out, isn't that what friends are supposed to do? Help each other, look after each other, and shoot bogies off each other's tails?

If it was your friend in a competition wouldn't you try and help him win?

You're right about the purpose of competitions, but the reason I tried to recruit votes was for another purpose, one called friendship.
The two (Can't think of the proper words, right now, so I'll improvise) 'things' are different, not the same kind of 'thing'.
But right now, I think this: One is a game, of sorts, the other is an... emotion, I guess... And I know which one is more important.

-DigitalAvatar

I fired off an e-mail -- doubt it'll do any good, but the thought is there (G) (To wit, it can't *hurt* any of us to help...)

Back