Playing Wing Commander 3 for the First Time

Edfilho said:
I was really annoyed in WC4 when you were limited to the 2 WORST fighters in WC3, the Hellcrap and the Longblow. Luckily I soon got my hands on the BW ships. The Banshee rocked.
That's probably one of the reason the player was limited to those two ships - to encourage him to defect :p.

I never really had any dislike for the Longbow. I just had to keep using the afterburners a lot - go in full bore and then kill your engines when you need to turn, afterburn away while bringing your regular engines back to speed.

Quarto said:
That's probably one of the reason the player was limited to those two ships - to encourage him to defect :p.

If you dont have a Hellcat in UE 2 Ill defect and go with the bugs thats for sure :D

Generally, I don't think I have anything against flying particular fighters in WC (even the Epee! :p). But I do favour the heavier fighters. Even the Longbow I don't mind. Every fighter - whatever its size, armament or defences - has its place.

TCSTigersClaw said:
If you dont have a Hellcat in UE 2 Ill defect and go with the bugs thats for sure :D
Might as well start packing your bags now, then, because even if there ever is a UE2, there definitely won't be any Hellcats in it :p.

There's always hope - although at this particular stage, if I had to give a yes/no answer, it would definitely be 'no', because I don't think there's quite enough hope to warrant a 'yes'.

Back