Playing Prophecy again...or trying to

Farbourne

Rear Admiral
Hey all,

I decided to give Prophecy a run through again, and since I'd never done so with the high res videos (even back in the day, I had the CD version with the interlaced videos, not the DVD version), I thought I'd give it a go. But I also wanted to use the new opengl graphics. Other people seem to use both with no problems...

I followed the instructions I found on the forums here, although they were 2011 so perhaps a little out of date... Installed the GOG game...then HCl's enhancement pack...didn't run the hi res install, but instead installed PopsiclePete's opengl patch, ... then copied the dll from wcpmoviepatch_test release in, ... and finally copied the VOB files into a "MOVIE" folder in the prophecy directory.

Tried to fire up the game, and get told it's "looking for CD 1. Please insert CD to continue." The game won't run further.

I vaguely remember seeing something about this in a tech support post before, but after 5 minutes of searching the forums, can't find anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Am I perhaps using outdated versions of the patches? I downloaded all in 2015.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try. I'm enduring the GOG default resolution videos so far (just made it to T'lan Meth). I assume the upgraded ones are superior? Or does GOG already have the greatest videos?

GOG was able to build in the high quality videos for WC4, because that was made available as part of a commercial package (bundled with the Creative DVD and DXR board). But the Prophecy DVD upgrade was only released here at the CIC, so it wasn't something GOG could contract with EA for. The DVD upgrade is a very nice step up and non-interlaced (but filled in at full DVD resolution, not just blurred).

Back