player effects and music?

kemstone

Spaceman
I just started playing this game. It's fantastic! I was completely addicted to Privateer many years ago but once the old computer died I've had no way of playing it. Now I'm fully addicted again!!!

Anyway, I was wondering about this whole Player Effects and Music option. Does this mean I can get my mp3 files to play in the game instead of the normal music? If so, can somebody please tell me how this is done? Thanks.

kemstone said:
Anyway, I was wondering about this whole Player Effects and Music option. Does this mean I can get my mp3 files to play in the game instead of the normal music?
That's not what is meant by it, AFAIK. I assume you are referring to the ability to independently change the volume for effects and music.

If so, can somebody please tell me how this is done? Thanks.
There's no way of accessing the music-player interface of the VegaStrike engine from within the game (that I know of, anyway). If you really wanted to, though, you could convert a few of your mp3s to ogg and overwrite the existing music files. Under WinXP, they are (by default) located here:

C:\Program Files\Vegastrike\Privateer\music

you can dump .m3u files into your .privateer folder to overwrite the peace.m3u and battle.m3u

they can be mp3's mids, even oggs
.m3u is a winamp music file format---

Back