Player character

I love the new Kilrathi Fighter it looks wonderful in the screen shots. Spoons also sounds like a Manaic kind of character,I like him already.

I have a rather little request for Standoff's Website. I would lke to See The Player Character added to the Character page.

I mean if it won't spoil the game or any thing that is,but keep up the good work Eder.

I too love the new Drakhri. There was only one problem I had with it (fairly small one too), but the canopy on the Standoff model is very heavily framed, to the point where there's no vision upwards or behind. From what I can tell from the WC2 manual, cover art, and the Drakhri picture at the CIC Ships page, it looks like the canopy should be at least half bubble. Here's the picture from the CIC page:
wc2drakhri.jpg

And here's a link to the cover art:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/covers/gameCoverId,2742/gameId,823/

Other than that, beautiful ship. Can't wait to blow it into little pieces. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Raptor leader
I have a rather little request for Standoff's Website. I would lke to See The Player Character added to the Character page.
We're adding characters to that page as they become available (in other words, after we finish the comm animations for them) to avoid showing a character on the site only to decide to change his face later on.

Bradshaw doesn't have a face yet, but as soon as he does, he'll be included in the characters page, so don't worry :)

As for the Drakhri's canopy, yeah, it looks modified, very framed, but I did this to most other canopies (Sartha, Hhriss). You might also notice that the Drakhri's wings are sharp, instead of rounded, and that in some other ships, similar modifications have been made (triangular windows on the Gothri, angular cockpit pod and canopy in the Hhriss, along with straight-section wings, etc). This is also going to affect the Jalthi (wings will look angled, not rounded) and Krant (angular canopies and wings, instead of rounded).

Most of the Kilrathi ships could've been made more rounded, since they're all below the polygon limit, but I just really felt that it'd be nice to try and make the WC1/2 designs fit in with the rest a bit better (even though there are no post-WC3 designs in Standoff).

Quarto actually suggested that I gave the Drakhri a top-facing window, but it just didn't fit in with the angular canopy too well (he also suggested I changed the engine intakes, which also didn't work too well :p).

--Eder

Originally posted by Raptor leader
Spoons also sounds like a Manaic kind of character,I like him already.
I have failed my race :p.

Seriously though, while there is obviously some resemblence, Spoons isn't really that similar to Maniac; at least, he's not supposed to be.

Yep... Spoons may sound like a Maniac clone at first, but he gets more and more different from this stereotype as the story progresses. The way we're making him into such a dynamic character is really cool, IMO, and I'll try to get the same sense of continuity going for at least one more of the player's wingmen.

--Eder

Too, I really don't think Maniac's intelligence can compare to Spoon's - can you really imagine a Commander Todd Marshall? ;)

BTW, good job on the Dralthi. Steady progress, even if apparently slow, is always a good thing.

Originally posted by Wedge009
...can you really imagine a Commander Todd Marshall? ;)
Well, maybe if they had ejector seats in the Captain's quarters...? :D

--Eder

Reminds me of a song....

Singing...

"Spoonman, come together with your plan, save me, come together with your plan, Spoonman...." by Stone temple pilots

Or something, it has been so long now that I was actively involved in music.

But seriously,now, seeing yet another old favorite come to life, is wow fantastic....

We 're definitely waiting over here, all of us!

PS. Eder, How many of the WC2 ships you aren't converting?

:) :)

Wasn't that by Soundgarden? I remember the video with this insane spoon guy *lol* But all things considered i do NOT miss grunge.

I want Kip Winger back in his cow pants :)

Re: Reminds me of a song....

Originally posted by Andropolos
PS. Eder, How many of the WC2 ships you aren't converting?
Let's see... The Jalkehi, the Bloodfang, the Grikath, the Dorkathi, the Jrathek, the Strakha, the Wraith, and the starbases and supply depots.

Of those, the Grikath, Jalkehi, Dorkathi, Wraith, and Confed Starbase were in the original plans (a long long time ago, that's why they weren't listed even in the old website) but got cut off.

I doubt this will happen, but if I have some free time before all the missions have been coded and after everything else has been completed, I might try to include an extra ship or two (priorities would be the Jalkehi and Grikath). Fighters are really quick to make, but the problem is that I also work on most other parts of the mod (everything except missions... but then again, I've actually coded one mission for the Prologue :p)

--Eder

Re: Re: Reminds me of a song....

Originally posted by Eder
Let's see... The Jalkehi, the Bloodfang, the Grikath, the Dorkathi, the Jrathek, the Strakha, the Wraith, and the starbases and supply depots.--Eder
I don't mean to be picky, but weren't the Jrathek and Wraith from WC Acadamy? I know they're on the CIC's WC2 list, but I don't remember seeing either one in the game.

Re: Re: Re: Reminds me of a song....

Originally posted by SabreAce
I don't mean to be picky, but weren't the Jrathek and Wraith from WC Acadamy? I know they're on the CIC's WC2 list, but I don't remember seeing either one in the game.
Yep, they're only seen in Academy. I consider them to be included in the group of "WC2 ships", though, because all Academy ships (apart from these two) appeared in WC2, and most WC2 ships appeared in Academy as well.

It seems to me like they made Academy out of things they wanted to include in WC2, but had to leave out for some reason.

--Eder

Nah, I think Academy was just based on stuff from WC2, and the Wraith and Jrathek were added as a little 'bonus'.

Hmmm, maybe so, but I don't know... weren't the WC1 add-ons also made using ships that were already done, but got left out of WC1? And we know that there was a third add-on for WC2 which got cancelled at some point, so maybe the Wraith was the "theme ship" for that. Anyway, Academy is pretty much WC2's simulator and not much else :p

Oh, well, I don't know how things worked out. Is that the Hhriss you're thinking of?

Anyway, I believe the third SO was supposed to be in between SO1 and SO2.

WCA thanks the WC2 team... whatever significance that might have. But WCA does appear quite different to WC2, at least the backgrounds do, IIRC. I think WCA appears even more cartoony than WC2!

Originally posted by Wedge009
WCA does appear quite different to WC2, at least the backgrounds do, IIRC. I think WCA appears even more cartoony than WC2!
Is WCA the one with the rotating planets? Or is it Armada? Cause those planets were pretty lame and more cartoony than the static ones IMO.

Back