Plans for 2003 music CD

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
Hey everyone. In the light of all the doom and gloom that's about, I thought that I would make plans for a CD of various music artists that inspire hope for 2003. What I hope to do is suggest the idea to a record company. Below are the songs I have chosen and the reasons why I think they sould be included. If you have any comments or additions then I would love to hear about them.

POD - Alive: A truely uplifting song that conveys the message to say and act what you believe in.
Tonic - Flower Man: Fitting for the brave new world we live in.
John Farnham - You're The Voice: Farnham is a true Australian legend, and this song that accurately states that we will not bow down to terrorism is the greatest of his works.
Kid Rock - Lonely Road Of Faith: A change from the hard rock he usually does, Kid Rock weaves a song about a long and hard road through life, one that should be faced with the person you love.
Faye Wong - Eyes On Me: One for those who want to love or for those who feel that their love is waning. A masterpiece.
Creed - My Sacrifice: Another wonderful song stressing the importance of those who are important to you.
Jim Croce - The Hard Way Every Time: Former wrestler Mick Foley once said to Diamon Dallas Page that he would like to make a video with this song. "Bro," he said, "you do that and you'll be the biggest babyface on the planet." He's right. It tells of the bumps and grinds that occur from the decisions one makes.
Meatloaf - Anything For Love: The greatest love song ever made. Need I say more?
Ugly Kid Joe - Cats In The Cradle: An uplifting song on family and understanding.
Van Halen - You've Got The Touch: Some of you will probably remember this song. It's about fighting on when things arn't as good as they should be.
Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only: A song about how one special person can make you the best you can be.
Stan Bush - Dare: Another song some of you may remember. Self explanotory really.
John Farnham - Age Of Reason: Tailor made for the turbelant times we live in, expressing the need for understanding.
Montell Jordan - Unstoppable: Another fairly self explanotory song about not being stopped to become the best of the best.
Vanessa Amorosi - Absolutely Everybody: The song that brought us to 2000 on how everybody is important and how we should respect other people.

Snoop Doggy Dogg - D.O.G's Get Lonely 2 - An empathic monologue about "finding time to get up, to get out and get away."
Bone Thugz n Harmony - Shotz to Tha Double Glock - A tale of comaraderie despite adversity on the mean streets of Cleveland, Ohio.
R. Kelly featuring the Notorious B.I.G. - Fuck You Tonight! - An upbeat song about spending time with the one you love.
Mya featuring Silkk Tha Shokker - Movin' On - When you reach the breaking point, you can always count on your friends.
Nate Dogg - I Got Love - Obviously no explanation necessary.

"Who Wants to Live Forever?" - Queen
"Under the Milky Way" - The Church
"Personal Jesus" - Depeche Mode
"Bullet The Blue Sky" - U2
"Happiness Is A Warm Gun" - The Beatles
"The Information" - Course Of Empires
"Switch Opens" - SoundGarden
"Castles Made Of Sand" - Jimi Hendrix
"Tom Sawyer" - Rush
"Head Over Heels" - Tears For Fears
"The Everlasting Gaze" - Smashing Pumpkins
"Who Will Stop The Rain" - CCR