Planet Queeg

Blaster

Rear Admiral
It the last issue (#9) of Cassandra’s Tears cal lands on a planet named Queeg. There were also two systems named Hadrian and Hades earlier. I was wondering if anyone noticed anything else with the same name as people at the CIC.

:D

HOLLY: It can be anything. Any game at all.
QUEEG: Chess.
HOLLY: Draughts, poker, anything.
QUEEG: Chess.
HOLLY: Snakes and Ladders? Monopoly?

One of the best episodes of all.

Just out of curiosity, what was OT actually about? I think us Brits have hi-jacked this thread pretty good!

This is actually all a coincidence; the planets and other names all came from Dave Haddock, who has nothing to do with the Wing Commander community.

I added the line about people hating Hadrian, though ;)

Hahahahaha! :D

In case anyone is confused by all the above quotes, Red Dwarf is a British sci-fi comedy that has run since the late 80s, set aboard a mining ship of the same name in the distant future. I know LOAF is familiar with the show.

Queeg 500 is a character who made one very memorable appearance, he was the face of the backup computer aboard Red Dwarf and took sudden control of the ship after an explosion causes 'Holly' (the ship's normal computer system) to go offline. Queeg runs a tight ship and has all the crew members on a strict regime of exercise and work.
Turns out in the end that Queeg was in fact, a practical joke setup by Holly to make them appreciate him more, because he pretty much lets them do as they please

Here is the last 30 seconds of the famous episode, when all is revealed:

Anyway...

Is Dave Haddock by any chance, a Limey?

I've never heard the word Queeg anywhere else :)

Nope!

... but Red Dwarf is well known here, especially among sci-fi geeks. I remember staying up to watch it every Saturday night at midnight when I was a kid...

Back