Pilot selection screen...

Mace

Vice Admiral
How do I select my multiple pilots?

I want to go back and play through standoff's alternative endings, I failed a few missions and named my games after that, however I have had more then one pilot in this install(as to start a new game).

After the End of Standoff(
In this case I ended up on what I believe to be a loosing path, after commandeering some arrows from an Exeter, we jump with two additional carriers only to be trapped by an armade of Drakhri, Saltha, Krant, Gothri, and three Kahmeks, and it seems unwinnable
). After I fail my mission I get a sad ending, and then I can select wich of my characters to play and load their appropiate savegames.

How do I force myself back to this selection screen?

You know, I have no idea whatsoever. I've never played WCP or SO with more than one pilot active.

That unwinnable mission you mention, though - I can assure you, it's quite winnable. Just make sure to protect the Firekka, and you'll be fine. The best of Episode 5 is still ahead of you :).

Well, it was the first time I saw that selection screen too. It came up after the end credits.

The pilots list as seperate subdirectories in the save directory. Also, if you create a pilot, and you type in a name you previously used, it'll enter a number behind it automatically when you press enter.

You can only load your savegames from the pilot that you are signed in as, so that's the reason I would like to see that selection screen come back up again.

As for unwinnable, I take out the corvettes and the bombers, and then after a few minutes the three carriers still go the way of the dodo with a few seconds interval.

As for unwinnable, I take out the corvettes and the bombers, and then after a few minutes the three carriers still go the way of the dodo with a few seconds interval.

It sounds like you are missing a wave of bombers. They are sneaky bastards at times. Just make sure you hunt down every Gothri and Gratha in that mission. Usually the Grathas are the ones to slip through and nail a carrier.

It's certainly very winningable, it's actually one of the missions I had to tell Quarto to make harder than it originally was.

This is one of my favorite missions, mostly because of three CVEs jumping into the asteroid field.

As for your other question, I also have no clue. I never played either one with more than one active pilot.

It's certainly very winningable, it's actually one of the missions I had to tell Quarto to make harder than it originally was.
So then you created the magic Kilrathi torpedoes that can phase in and out of reality so they can pass through huge asteroids? :D

Sigh, I'll try again...

As for the selection screen. I am pretty sure there is an option in the menu that is named "change pilot" or something like that. Not 100% sure when it is available. Try pressing ESC in the rec room, in flight or get yourself killed. At least in one case it should be there.

Mace, have you installed Standoff over WCP Gold's version of Secret Ops, of the downloadable version ?

On this machine I downloaded the full version of standoff. There's no prophecy involved here. It's pure the package from your website.

Anyway I did manage to complete that mission, and it were indeed individual gratha.

Also, I'm "snowed in" since yesterday(public transportation has shut down, and driving your car is not recommended, wich in my country is rare), so i have some spare time besides what i can do from home, and i would like to try to port standoff to my old modified xbox1 console(It can run all wing commander games now using different ports, prophecy and SO I could get to run porting them myself save the keyboard routines)

As for the selection screen. I am pretty sure there is an option in the menu that is named "change pilot" or something like that. Not 100% sure when it is available. Try pressing ESC in the rec room, in flight or get yourself killed. At least in one case it should be there.

Done all of them, and it's only available if you select "load game" after finishing the game, AFAIK.

Back