Pilgrim Truth

Jacob

Rear Admiral
Sorry if there was already a thread on this, but what exactly was supposed to happen in the novel "Wing Commander: Pilgrim Truth"? All of the links for that area are dead, along with that Pilgrim cross switchblade thing that I would like to have. Anywho, did anyone ever manage to get their hands on the full text, and if so, where can I get it?

In what time period is that novel supposed to take place? After WC1 and before WC2?

I was going to ask how the Kilrathi emperor could surrender if they don't have the word on their vocabulary, or the concept on their culture, but nevermind.

"Pilgrim Truth" is the second book sequel to the movie. The book was never published, and I was under the assumption that the events in the movie didn't follow the video game storyline. Liberties must be taken when turning a video game into a movie, and that might not have been something that was mentioned in the books. I wouldn't know since I haven't read them (yet), so I'm just guessing.

Why couldn't Telep just make it an eBook? It would easy for us to get our hands on, no resources would get waste, etc. Plus there's practically no loss from making it one, if he was going to sell it.

Well, there are two major roadblocks:

- The legal issue. It's not a problem with the movie rights holders or with EA... but it remains to be seen whether or not HarperCollins still technically 'owns' the book.

- Money. Telep would like to make something off of the book - which is reasonable, given that it is his livelyhood and that he expended a lot of effort in writing it in the first place.

As for Delance... I"m not sure I understand the complaint - the same scene in WC3 where you go the 'don't surrender' quote from is the scene that explains that they've learned of the concept from us. (That said, Kilrathi surrender *all the time*. We see it as early as WC1, with the Kilrathi on liberated planets getting shipped off to POW camps or back to Kilrah...)

It was not really a complaint, more of a comment.

Anyway, well, do you have any idea when the story of Pilgrim Truth takes place in the known WC timeline?

Back