Pilgrim cross

Demo CD?

Excuse me...

WC4 demo CD?

Is it that 40 mb WC4 CD I once received from Computer Gaming World which contains a nifty full WC4 trailer?

Or is it something else?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It's a good place to put the demo CD... since the demo contains a different mission.

(This was, IIRC, Origin's reply when asked what the 7th space should be for some years back...)
That was their reply... they probably couldn't think of anything better...

Yet, if I remember correctly, you once mentioned LOAF, that it was due to space features i.e. the game was supposed to be made on CDs whose storage capacity was inferior to the ones of the final version. They thought it was going to hold on 7 CDs instead of just 6...

Or at least, that's what I remember you said... :)

Why the 7th space was there, and why they kept it when they discovered that they didn't need it are two different things...

Can you imagine how much shit the packaging designers would have been in if it was the other way around - they only made space for 6 CDs and the game ended up as 7? :)

The US packaging was made before they really knew how many CDs the game was going to take. AFAIK all European releases only had the 6 CD slots

I believe you're thinking of Wing Commander III -- which had to be produced on less-capable CDs because the first generation CD drives which were still around at the time didn't like the 73(?) minute discs.

Re: Demo CD?

Originally posted by TheFraix
WC4 demo CD?
Is it that 40 mb WC4 CD I once received from Computer Gaming World which contains a nifty full WC4 trailer?
Or is it something else?
I think it's something else. Dad downloaded the demo a while back - it wasn't very interesting, just shoot some pirate Arrows gunning for a transport. The main screen is just the operations room from the Lexington. But it was nice considering Dad insists the computers should only be used for work.

There are two WC4 demos -- one with the trailer and one without. The demo itself is neat -- there's an easter egg that you can get a stormfire via, and it has a neat gauntlet.

I remember the day it came out, my dad downloaded it for me at work... and put it on 30 or so disks to take home.

Oh my God... how could that happen? LOL

My apologies to Kris's dad and your dad... I rephrase:

"You have a nice dad, LOAF..."
(and mom too, recalling the KS incident you shared with us... ;))

Back to the cross issue...

Hey... I just picked up my Pilgrim Cross and boy,
it looks a bit smaller than I thought.

Well... the cross is quite a jewelry, quite good... but the lacked of a hidden blade is very ironic... and IMDB stated the cross' nature as one of the movie's goofs.

Anyway... I've just re-visitted budkww.com (where I originally purchased it) and found out its production was discontinued.

I was thinking about buying one for my cousin, who's also a WC fan.

Any tips, folks?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
If you ever call me Kris again ILL RIP OF YUOR ASS COLLEGE BOY!!!!!! :)

lol i remember when that guy said that, change your sex by ripping your ass off lol, who was that? it was hilarious

Re: Back to the cross issue...

I was thinking about buying one for my cousin, who's also a WC fan.

Any tips, folks?

the usual, you should check ebay, they sell alot of those usually, if not, well.. i dunno, look for a garage sale or steal from from someone

Re: Back to the cross issue...

Hey... I just picked up my Pilgrim Cross and boy,
it looks a bit smaller than I thought.

Well... the cross is quite a jewelry, quite good... but the lacked of a hidden blade is very ironic... and IMDB stated the cross' nature as one of the movie's goofs.

I really don't understand what is ironic about that...

The lack of a hidden blade also makes sense... since the knife, as shown in the movie, is currently impossible with current knife technology (since the blade is longer than the cross). The retractable, spring loaded, blade would probably make it illegal in some places, as well.

TC

Last I heard, Switchblades are illegal through the mail and through most kind of stores. :)

The Cross is not a switchblade, since a switchblade hides the blade in a straight-out, spring-loaded handle. The cross doesn't have a spring, nor does it fully hide in the Cross, hence, it's not a switchblade. :)

Back