Phalanx Cockpit WIP

Ok, I did my last exam on my damn studies - that was giving me creeps already! I have time and will to do a Hydra cockpit. I'll draw it, and post it - as I previously did for you too express your objections and eventually for Howard to make it real...

BTW - Howard, above all else i don't want to rush you, but how the progress with phalanx is going? Oh, and very nice Avatar you have - it's very eee... original ;) Unless it's default avatar given by forum admins - later replaced by some picture, i'm noob here so who knows...

Ok, bye.

So here's where I'm at with the cockpit. I've not been working all that much with it - we've got our focus elsewhere at this point.
Anyhow, I'm posting two images so you can give me some feedback. The first is the original colorscheme suggested by Plasteel Skull. The second is one that I find more attractive, as well as easier on the eyes.
Comments on which one you, the gamer, would find better looking would be appreciated.
Anyhow, enjoy.

Attachments

• Pcock05.jpg
    Pcock05.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 325
  • Pcock04.jpg
    Pcock04.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 335
I kind of prefer the second one. If nothing else, it feels more like a Privateer cockpit, as I can recall Priv cockpits having orange involved, but not purple.

Ok, first: that's really beautiful work. Second - although I know that my vote may again be in minority i vote for the purple one - because I consider the green-purple combination to be much more "predatory" and somehow dangerous than the second one - which I consider to be plain and stodgy colour combo.

Seems I am will have to draw Hydra cockpit soon... ;)

I agree that the second one fits better. However, I think that the regular fuel, jump fuel, and power indicators should fade from green at the "full" end to deep red at the "empty" end, like the indicators in Privateer.

BTW: what are those split bars in the side shield quadrants? I thought you said that Pioneer ships have only front/rear shields like WC1/2 ships?

ljuin: No, those are front-rear shields. That random tag off to the sides of each was just a little interface test I did. This should be better.

Attachments

• Pcock06.jpg
    Pcock06.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 340
I kind of like neither. Kind of looks like an Xbox... Unless it's supposed to be an Xbox Phalanx...

My preference is for blues/reds.

Plasteel Skull said:
- because I consider the green-purple combination to be much more "predatory"

If you want predatory, why not make it RED? :)

I love looking at these cockpits btw. I hope this mod gets "finished"!

one more voice for the orange one. not only it's easier on the eye and suits this cockpit (in my opinion), it clearly resembles the WC1/Priv color schemes much more.

Well I'm gonna throw you a curve ball and say neither. I personally find the orange better then purple but I take issue with the green.

I prefer the orange .
Hence I suggest you use the purple .
It would explain why it's not seen in later editions .
The purple does give a low-light dangerous feel ,
like a submarine or tank on an attack run .

That sweet sweet orange

I love that apricot look, really fits in with the Privateer feel.
But then again, the purple might be all the rage in Landriech?

I vote orange too. Does this project blow your mind like it does mine??? I've seen large developers do a worse job than this. These cockpits are out of this world! X2 didn't even have ones this good. I absolutely cannot wait to see this game come out! If EA had released the franchise you could put this on store shelves and I'd buy it!! (free would be fine to of course :-P)

Back